static grass rake

cteno4

had to laugh when i saw this in micromark's email this morning. they have a new static grass rake you can use on your static grass to clean it up.

http://www.micromark.com/static-grass-rake,10589.html?ns_md=Email&ns_sc=Marketing&ns_cn=12WS027A&ns_pc=12WS027A&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=12WS027A

I thought it looked familiar and $7 seemed a bit steep for the item. then it dawned on me its an eyebrow/eyelash brush! well $1.70 gets you the same one off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2in1-Professinal-Cosmetics-Makup-Portable-Brush-Eyebrow-EyeLash-Extension-Comb-/270864100156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f10c22b3c#ht_5646wt_900

expect they are costing micromark under a buck in bulk so nice markup!

jeff

Ah, but for the extra $5.93 you're getting it without the pink handle.  :grin

That's an impressive markup. There's some value to introducing the "tool" to an audience who wouldn't likely know about professional eyebrow brushes (I certainly didn't), but it's not 6x the cost of the tool.

CaptOblivious

My wife recognized it instantly. Said they were 2/$1 at the Dollar Tree. Wow!

ahh but this one has a manly black handle, the womens one usually have pink!

i was a little disappointed by micromark on this. ive thought them to be a bit fairer on prices than this. to be fair this one looks good sized and is bent some so looks to work better to rake with than some that are straight, but still...

worth it to cruise all the isles a the dollar store with an eye out for how all sorts of stuff can be used with the trains or in the shop. im sure i get lots of stares looking at makeup for weathering stuff or brushes like this for scenery.

i actually have one of these as it came with a makeup kit i got at the dollar store with like 4 brushes. the other three were perfect for doing weathering powders. i used the eyebrow comb as a mustache comb when i trim it! found some plastic balls about4" in dia painted as soccer and base balls that will be perfect to do some one of the wild paintedgas tanks

jeff