FMODELS

hectorton

Wow, Mrs. Ahn is very quick in responding.  Please feel free to review her response below.   Again, I contact her directly for the Fmodels website.

In short, FModels will ship SAL and will offer 5% discount for OverSeas customer, the tax exempt will be especially important when Japan increases its sales tax from 5% to 8% and onward to 10% soon.

Thanks once again hectorton!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Wong Leo

Thank you for your e-mail.

1)We discount the 5%tax for you.

Our selling price is 20% discount of price.

2)We can ship you by SAL.

We don't know the exactly shipping Cost.

2kg    ¥2080

3kg  ¥5000

4kg  ¥6150

3)Our selling price

10-1136  ¥8400

10-1137 ¥6080

The date of a scheduled sale as below.

KATO 10-1145.  10-1146    on January

http://www.katomodels.com/n/glacier_exp/

KATO 10-1136. 10-1137  on March

http://www.katomodels.com/n/e6kei/

You can use Pay Pal.

If you want to reserve these items,

please e-mail again for reservation order,

then we tell you your reservation No.

Thank you again.

Have a wonderful winter.

Motoko Ahn

So I did my first order with fmmodels. In the end it's 20% off the Japanese retail price listed on hs English site price and no sale tax on the deal.

Jeff

So I did my first order with fmmodels.

Me too. It took 9 days from placing the order to shipping, but patience is the virtue of the SAL fan.  :grin

9 days to get there or 9 days for them to ship it out?

I got an email w.in a few hours saying it was being shipped out. Looking forward to having a new source. Mrs Ahn seems very nice and very fast in responding along with the best oversea price out there now.

Jeff

I had to wait a week for the bill (which then had to be corrected due to wrong shipping charges). After I had paid, it was shipped out within a day.

But the wait came pretty handy as the euro rose against the yen by around 5% in this timeframe.  :grin

Just got my E655 from fmodels today. came sal, well packages and stickered well as fragile. customs was marked commercial sample not gift. no tarriffs on toys into the us from japan, so actually happy it was not marked gift as apparently us customs is really cracking down on the customs forms in and out lately.

very happy with the transaction, so very nice to have a new source to add to the others.

jeff

Cteno4,

Great to hear all went well. Please give us a break down of final cost (discount and shipping cost)

hectorton,

here is the prices i got on the e655

Subtotal ¥17,600 Discount -¥3,520.00 Shipping and handling ¥1,080 Total ¥15,160 JPY

so only a 20% off list, but better than hs 10%!

also i think this sal was a little less than having single train boxes sent from hs in the last year as well.

everything went very smoothly with them and motoko san was very pleasant to deal with. will probably be putting in my pre order for another train with them soon.

Thanks very much for bringing fmodels to our attention! great addition to have for overseas purchasing.

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Jeff,

I will be in Japan at the end of this month and will be shopping at the store.  While there will try to find out why the different discount percentages.  I also purchased the E655 from FModels, but had my son who lives in Japan drop by the store and retrieve it in person.  He got it for 30% Off MSRP + 5%  Japanese sales tax (Y18,480-30%=Y12,936) .  I would Say you actually got it for 25% off as your subtotal was Y17,600 which is MSRP without 5% sales tax. 

Regardless, I will try to find out why the 5 % difference.  When I spoke with Motoko Ahn last year she advised they would offer the 30% discount to online orders.  Maybe I misunderstood the online discount or they have changed their mind on online sales and now offer less discount.  Maybe 5% handling.  The overwhelming majority of their merchandise in the store is 30% off MSRP + 5 percent sales tax which would be 25% off without sales tax.  Anyway, thanks for info and just curious as to why the difference.  Knowing the Japanese I am sure there is good reason.

Hectorton,

This is always confusing as the srp is usually 5% less on the English hs site vs the Japanese site. But then Discounted price can vary and now even by payment method. Then where the 5% sales tax would come in then.

Another preorder I asked about was also a 20% off the hs english srp. I could see the 5% being for the shipping handling and paypal taking almost that much for cc transaction.

Anyhow it's still the best price around right now! Also nice to get back another option with someone that speaks English.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention!

Jeff

Ps how did the light tube display test work out for you?

Hector has a good point.  It is true for many of the store on Rakuten too.  I see members like to buy from MokeiyaBigman.  The pre-order price for Kato 10-1123 was 13,860円.  So, if you pre-ordered that product the international price is 13,200円.

The Japanese fmmodels web site shows 30% discount on the Japanese price, but when I enquirer about a preorder that I saw with this discount they sent me a quote for oversea service that was 20% odd the hs price on their English site. Perhaps I may have missed the 30% window between when I looked and I sent in the email, I think there was a week or two gap there.

Email them a request for a price quote for overseas shipping.

Jeff

I am not a customer of FModels.  I purchase from Liberty, mostly.

Ochanomizu,

Does liberty ship overseas? If so do they do sal shipping option?

Jeff

Thanks for the headsup Darklighter! Sounds very interesting! I'll send them an email to see how it goes...More updates once everything is formed up...

thanks darklighter! seems they are being quickly cleaned out. sent a list and was able to get the pasture set a-d for $40 shipped! was not sure if i wanted these, eventually want to do a farm scene with cows and horses and pigs, but the price was a bit high and off in the future, but these prices are just too good! sent a second list to see if any dregs were left!

jeff

SubwayHypes

do they have greenmax kits?   tempted to place an order and see if they can find my sold out tokyu series 1000 set..

subway,

email them what you want at orders@fmodels.jp and they will let you know if they have it or can find it. usually they are around 15-20% off list. Motoko san is very pleasant to work with and helpful. they just send you a paypal invoice for payment. they have been prompt on the order i first did with them and some more in process now. they are being super nice with the tomytec sale in trying to get me what i want. its like the old rainbow 10 experience of direct personal service.

jeff