Annual Brisbane Model Railway Exhibition 5-7 May

Eisenbahn

Eisenbahn

The Annual Brisbane Model Railway Exhibition will be held at the Brisbane RNA Showgrounds May 5,6,7.

The TV ad promoting it that  I saw yesterday has a speeding Shinkansen.

Forum members in the southern Australian States and New Zealand might like to get on a plane and come up into picture perfect sunny weather.

Queensland.....perfect weather, prowess in football, what more could one ask?

cheers.....Eisenbahn

westfalen

I haven't seen the ad, I wonder how much Japanese stuff will be there, from past experience probably not much. I mainly go these days on my way to or from work to see if any of the shops with stalls have show specials. The first AMRA show I exhibited at with old Southside N Scale Club was back in 1979 but we haven't had a layout there for almost ten years now as we felt the organisation of the show was going down hill since the old guys who were doing it in the 70's and 80's left, the camaraderie and the fun wasn't there anymore. It was also getting a bit much to set up our old, large N-TRAK layout which really took up the majority of members time for five days if you count getting the layout to and from the club rooms, now we are using the easier to set up T-TRAK we may reconsider next years show.

There is also the NMRA show at Mt Gravatt two weeks later on the 19th and 20th at which the Ipswich Model Railway Club will be exhibiting our T-TRAK layout, I can garantee at least a few Japanese trains there.

Eisenbahn

Hi Westfalen

Thanks for the info.  I will be away for the last half of the month and wont be able to come along on the 19/20th to see the Ipswich Club layout unfortunately.

I will probably go in to the Showgrounds for a quick visit sometime Saturday to see what's what.

cheers...Eisenbahn

Hi west,

Thanks for the info.  Pity I can't get to Brisbane for the weekend.

Cheers

The_Ghan

westfalen

If you want weather more comfortable to you southerners there is also Toowoomba on June 2nd and 3rd. :grin