Plaza Japan

Guest JRF-1935

Guest JRF-1935

Anybody notice that Plaza Japan is now offering auctions (starting cheap) and also 7Toys7 is now offering discounts  off "buy it now" prices?

I'm liking it !

Rich C

Admin note: ebay shop and website info

Plaza Japan, long known for its eBay site with pricing in US dollars also has a Plaza Japan website with pricing in Japanese Yen.

Website (with Japanese Yen pricing)     https://www.plazajapan.com/n-scale/

eBay Store    https://www.ebay.com/str/plazajapan?_dmd=1&_sop=10&rt=nc

https://www.plazajapan.com/about-us/

I saw this and wondered if it might be for stock that's not selling.

They have a couple of job lots of the Pro-Hobby containers that I know they've been heavily discounting on their main site for many months.

Ian

Very old thread, but i could not find a more recent one. So a friend of mine found some nice looking 1:150 containers on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40ft-Containers-Shipping-Container-Freight-Car-N-Scale-Model-Trains-lot-/191909229153

the rest of the N scale items in the same shop:

http://stores.ebay.com/evemodelfr/N-Scale-/_i.html?_fsub=10785801012

What do you think about them?

Detailing and decals look nice. Tad expensive, but better in bulk.

Tomytec had the 5 packs for $23, but then there is shipping.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172632

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10172631

Other thing to check on is that the size matches others you have as this was an issue with some 1/160 containers a long time back when they got popular with intermodal.

There use to be a number of ebayers selling 1/150 containers like this, these look to be the only ones now besides tomytec stuff. Use to be some blank ones as well that were cheap if you wanted paint and decal your own.

Jeff

Just bumping an old thread to warn about plaza japan. 

They took my money on Saturday, but they haven’t shipped my train at close of business on Tuesday. This is particularly annoying when they’re charging premium shipping rates. The train will probably travel from Japan to USA in less time than it takes them to put it in a box. 

My last purchase from Plaza Japan took almost exactly one month to arrive (Japan to US west coast). Everything was okay but it was annoying in this age of instant gratification. What made it worse is they don't give you a tracking number or even tell you when it ships...but the selection and prices are good. 

Yes I have the same experience with them, good prices but the delivery takes ages...

I order some things on July 7th and i'm still waiting to receive them...

Still their service its quite positive and everything arrives safe,  just not for people that want things in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

They took my money on Saturday, but they haven’t shipped my train at close of business on Tuesday. This is particularly annoying when they’re charging premium shipping rates. The train will probably travel from Japan to USA in less time than it takes them to put it in a box. 

It says on their website that "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment ."   Many places seem to take payment  once a day, so it is effectively three business days before the item ships.

I’ve had thing ship that day to like 5 days later from all the usual sources, it’s never been ultra consistent with any of them. I think it just has to do with how crazy things are, who is on vacation to muck things up etc... I’ve never noticed plaza being much different over all In shipping times over the years.

plaza does set a bit higher prices on their shipping but they will combine orders on ebay to reduce shipping charges. I expect they may have a higher minimum to cover ebay overhead. It’s odd as a few items at times are cheaper sal from them like big Tomytec vehicle collections than the other usual sources. I think the forcing to EMS for expensive trains is to make sure stuff is insured and tracked as ebay can force them to be responsible for a sal loss (or outright fraud of some saying they never got it when they did).

One good thing is plaza does tend to have stuff oos elsewhere a lot of the time.

jeff

• Like 1

I am very surprized to read comments about their good pricing. I have found them to be expensive. And their shipping is super expensive.

• Like 1

They are usually near retail. Shipping for the us usually 200 - 400¥ above others for single items, gets better when multiple items are combined, but still generally a bit more than the usual suspects.

in the us plaza is popular with many that are scared of direct ordering from japan, as many just want a few specific things and are not getting into Japanese modeling. They really like the eBay safety umbrella. It’s what makes them comfortable, so it’s reasonable for them compared to something like newhall station that charges 2-3x the price!

jeff

• Like 1

Hello,

I suggest it unwise to rely on seven year old posts.  I also used to purchase from PJ when their prices were low, but not since early 2011.

I've had good experiences with Plaza Japan.  Their prices on track and accessories is among the best I've found, and while their train prices are sometimes more than other japanese shops they usually aren't that bad on items still in production.  They are my go to for unitrack and structures, assuming I can get multiple items at once.  If I'm doing so then purchasing trains from them can become a good deal as the cost of shipping gets removed from the cost of the train.  They are also the best place to order EM13 and FL12 decoders from when they are in stock.

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

Until 2 years ago I only had good experiences with Plazajapan, but not my last 2 orders. My order last year went back to Japan because it was probably wrongly labeled and my order from 2 months ago (a catalog) did not arrive at 😞

But I got my money back (but I would have preferred the Tomix catalog).

Only had good experiences, mostly buy building and bits.  My only complaint is the ebay app doesn't offer a combined shipping button, so I have to use my work computer.  

14 hours ago, katoftw said:

I am very surprized to read comments about their good pricing. I have found them to be expensive. And their shipping is super expensive.

Maybe I was a bit misleading by saying "Yes I have the same experience with them, good prices but the delivery takes ages..."

What I should had said was that for small items I get good value for money but when it gets to train sets I just keep away. This forum being an international forum, we do have different realities. What applies to me, might not apply to others. Customs charges play a huge part in this.

Concerning delivery times I keep my statement 100% "Still their service its quite positive and everything arrives safe,  just not for people that want things in a hurry."

• Like 1

Slight update. I contacted them through eBay to ask about the delay. They refunded my money, saying that they made a mistake, the item is out of stock, and they weren’t able to get another. 

So, meh. But at least it’s resolved. 

• Like 4

I waited over a month for them to dispatch some Tomix parts this time last year. They'd listed things they didn't have and couldn't get easily.

3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Plaza is 10% off items over $50 until March 28.

cheers

jeff

So I ordered two Kato 2 car sets of Iida line EMU.😀

• Like 1