hobby world reopening?

cteno4

theres been a rumor going round that hobby world (aoshima) may be hiring a new english speaking manager to re-open their international sales dept! Doug coster has been tracking this and let it leak on the tomix list the other day! lets keep our fingers crossed!

jeff

• Like 2

That's pretty sweet if it were true. I've ordered quite a few times from Aoshima, since their prices were always very competing with HS. :)

Hi Jeff,

Can you post a link to Doug's post for us?

Cheers

The_Ghan

it was on the tomix yahoo group, you have to be a member to see posts. basically stated what i said that they are looking to revive the biz. Its a busy time now with shows and them doing some rep travel so it may be a while till this pops up!

for them it was the retirement of the english speaking manager that closed the biz and they seemed not to say the were not going to reopen it at a later date if they brought on the appropriate staff. I think it was one of those lets wait and see things that they didnt want to rush into hiring if it was a small part of the biz and only worthwhile if it was easy and no resource or cash strain...

they may not be posting if they have someone in mind for the job. this would seem the way that it might happen in these circumstances where they wait to see if the right fit for the various things they need to restart the international biz and other misc things this person might also need to do...

like i said its still at the rumor stage, so breath, no holding your breath till you turn blue, wont make it happen...

I really do hope they come back, they were good competition for hs and i liked them, they always came through well and were very helpful. also the best preorder prices out there with up to 35% off (usually 26% though).

jeff

Clem,

sorry no news. hwjapan.com is still inactivated domain right now. ill poke the source that brought this up and see if there is any new news!

jeff

Sounds like they are working on aoshima bigger biz things right now and hw international is on the back burner i guess.

ill yell if i hear anything else.

jeff

Krackel Hopper

While looking for a link to Tomix 92942, I stumbled across a HobbyWorld link..

Welcome to Hobby World Japan!!

**Dear Customers**

The site is still under development and more products are on the way. Send us an inquiry if you are looking for something.

http://www.hobbyworldjapan.com/

Not sure if this is Aoshima hwjapan or someone else..

Hobby Dreamer

If you poke around the:

http://www.hobbyworldjapan.com/

site, it looks like its almost the real deal except that there is no good contact info such as address or phone. (although product availability and shipping info is there).

And the page design is different from

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp

which states its also Hobby World Japan  ???

I'd wait to order. I would wonder whether HWJ would email its former clients to announce their new site?

And the page design is different from

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp

which states its also Hobby World Japan  ???

The official name of the old business we know as HobbyWorldJapan is HW JAPAN.

● Seller name

HW JAPAN (H. W New Japan)

● Housing Office

〒 420-0922

12-3 Distribution Center, Aoi-ku Shizuoka

Aoshima HW JAPAN Co., Ltd.

● Phone number

TEL 054-204-2555 (Customer Relations Office)

(from 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00 on weekdays

Hours) Fax 054-263-2521

E-Mail Hwjapanattomail.Aoshima-bk. com

(holiday of our regulations, mail holiday holidays is the next business day of your reply) Monday to Friday (.)

● Chief Sales in name or communications representative

Hiroshi Osamu Suzuki operation director Norio Aoshima Representative:

Different businesses. The old one is in Shizouka and the new one in Yokohama,