In the Cab

bill937ca

CaptOblivious

Wow, that last bit is awesome. Oh to have been that little boy who had a shinkansen block his front door!

This reminds me of that Japanese documentary game/talk show I watched last year. I saw two or three episodes. It is weird. The show is an hour long program, and there are three train otaku who compete against each other like in Jeopardy. The grand prize is some exotic railway adventure. The winner is then shown on his prize trip, where the announcer documents the trip with historic facts about the train, the lines and the towns where the train runs. He also talks to the family in studio of the winner in sort of a Talk Show type environment. The camera would zoom in on the family at the studio while the play clips of the prize winner freaking out when they get to go on cab rides after answering train questions correctly.

The aerial shot of the Shinkansen traveling over the country side and you see how many viaducts were necessary to do that!

I would think that when they build a train it would be make to be transported on the rail system. Great footage of the 800 on the barge then on the semi. I wonder what the cost is just to transport one of them to their final destination? Great video!