Spreadsheet to match Unitrack Varation Set with layout material list.

inobu

I had this thing on the side for years but never really got around to it. Decided I needed to get it further along. You are welcome to expand on it if it looks worth while. By no means am I an excel expert as there could be quicker formulas but I did what I could. So it is what it is.

I needed to correlate the track in Kato's Variation sets with a Unitrack layout material bill. This is my feeble attempt to do so.

Here's how it works.

1. Take one of the layout plans on Kato's site

2. Scroll down to the material list.

3. Open the excel sheet and fill in the quantity from the material bill. (In column A. Based entry on the part number.)

4. The sheet will calculate the number of pieces needed to fill the bill.

Lets say that you have 2 V1's.

In the pink blocks enter the number of V-set you have for each box set.  

The sheet will add all the track associated with the V-Set and fill in the dark blue list.

It will then calculate the number of individual packs you need to fill the total bill.

If the order is filled the sheet will mark the qty as being met.

It will only tag the line entry that you enter from the material bill.

All you have to do is check the Qnty Met field.

5. You can enter the single pack order to balance out whats missing from the V-Sets.

---------------------------------------------

The next step is to enter in the pricing as that will allow you to calculate the price difference or total everything in the build.

Hope you can make use of it.

Inobu

[smg id=1457 type=av]

Thanks Inobu.  This looks amazing.  I wonder if it can be saved onto Google Doc for wider distribution and sharing.

I don't know what the most efficient way but if images of the track can be added, it will be even more amazing!

Thanks Inobu.  This looks amazing.  I wonder if it can be saved onto Google Doc for wider distribution and sharing.

I don't know what the most efficient way but if images of the track can be added, it will be even more amazing!

It gives you a foundation to build on. Loading the information is tedious but worth it. You can add all your track inventory on the right side instead of just the variation sets and all of Kato (or who ever) parts on the left.

It makes parting out a "Kato" layout easier.

As I'm typing I'm thinking that I should just load all my track pieces in and be done with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Inobu

Inobu,

Excellent spread sheet. Wish I had this when we use to do the old JRM layout on the fly with our piles of track!

Jeff

Thanks Inobu! I was thinking of an inventory sheet, but kept putting it off due to the work involved. You saved me lots of work and provided a solid foundation. Very much appriciated!!