Any Japanese shows like Nuremburg?

John P Boogerd

John P Boogerd

Are there any shows like the Nuremburg Toy Fair where the Japanese manufacturers show their new models - either in Japan or somewhere else?

Martijn Meerts

That'd be JAM in Tokyo.. It's in August sometime.. It's probably the biggest one in the world :)

Shizouka Hobby Show is the main industry show.  Thursday and Friday are trade only.  Saturday and Sunday are open to the public.  

http://www.hobby-shizuoka.com/

As April is the beginning of the new fiscal year in Japan, this show in May is when many new products are announced or seen in public for the first time.

JAM is a modeler`s show.

Martijn Meerts

Ah right.. I don't know much about the shows, I lost interest a while ago, because the ones in the Netherlands tend to ... well.. they suck ;)

Ah right.. I don't know much about the shows, I lost interest a while ago, because the ones in the Netherlands tend to ... well.. they suck ;)

From what I have seen of Japanese hobby shows, almost all train shows outside Japan must suck.  :grin

Martjin, you can always drive or take the train to Germany...

Bill, sad to say but I still want to visit the TrainFest show in Milwaukee.

Martijn Meerts

to2leo, true, although many of those aren't as good as they used to be either, and they don't really have much of interest for me, apart from the Lenz 0-gauge perhaps ..