Tomix station parts

Hi folks,

I'm wanting to know if the Tomix "Modern Type" and "Local Type" station parts are interchangeable?  For example: 4010 and 4059.  It appears that they will fit together, but it also appears that the platform are slightly different in colour.  Can anyone confirm by way of photo comparing the two?

I'm hoping to get away without repainting the entire platforms, but if that's what I have to do ... well ... so be it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I don`t think so. I have both.  

The 4009 mainline platforms entered by stairs from above or below and is grey.  End pieces are tapered to allow trains to curve into the platform

4059 is an extension for a secondary line station platform entered with a grade foot crossing. The base set for this is 4057.  This is the 4057 on a layout. Its color is a darker beige/gray shade.  The open shelter has a sloped roof. End pieces are squared.

I`m not even sure the platform levels are exactly the same.  Two different set of specs I suppose.

EDIT: You can connect the two different pieces together.  But I was right there is a minor height difference.  You would need a styrene shim under the secondary line platform. Platform widths are the same.

As for a photo its a dull, snowy day here.  Not the best conditions for photos showing color differences.

yeah it can be done with some changes as noted above.

mine are slightly different in colour too.

The tomytech diorama series is great too but it cannot be used with the others.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10129152

I did not use the station but i used the buildings. i don't know if the other tomytech stations extend to this http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10068701

I did not use this station however as it is not suitable for a double track as it is 5cm wide not 3.8 as per other stations.

Though it is much more detailed.

if you like you can have it to have a play with as i will not be using it.

Well, the height difference is a pain in the butt.  The reason I'm asking about this is I wanted to go for the modern type roofs but only for 2-3 lengths.  After that, I don't want roofs on my platforms because the trains aren't visible enough.  I might just go for the local type and not worry about the roof.

Cheers

The_Ghan

you could putty up the holes and not use the roof.

Though that would require painting unless you sit something over the holes as detail.

thoughts???