British T-Track modules

IST

i'll add to what jett said.  while certain thicknesses of ply might be overkill.  if you are creating modules that might work with t-trak modules.  you really need to ask around your local area to what they are doing.  as thickness of material will effect the height of the modules.

also jeffs example of the height of the modules.  i love the look of the thinner modules over the normal 70mm fronts.  but alas every t-traker in my area does the 70mm fronts, so i have to also.

the washingston guys do it differently to us aussie guys.  and i'm sure there would probably be 15 other ways of doing it also.  so ask how they do it close to home.  cos they are the ones you will be sharing track time with.

You don't have to have 70mm fronts, as long as you can adjust the height of your modules so the track can be a minimum of 70mm above the table you are within the Australian T-TRAK guidelines. If the frame of your module is 50mm for instance you just unscrew the height adjustment screws a bit when you are in a layout with other modules, you can sit them straight on the table if you are setting up with only your own lower modules. There is no need for the bottoms of all the modules to line up, it is the top that counts.

In the Ipswich club we have no requirement that all modules have the same appearence either construction or scenery wise as that goes against what we believe is the concept of T-TRAK.

I've run into an interesting problem: Is there there a way to make this double track junction with kato tracks? (the attached design is tomix)

post-1969-0-04259600-1400142298_thumb.png

ps: As you probably know, IST is making British modules with kato tracks and he has made way more progress than i did and will soon have a full oval layout, while my work in progress module is just a terminal station. I'm looking for a way to connect the two.

I have a question, not related really to T-trak, but I will run this train on it. :)

A few years ago I bought a Dapol Virgin HST set that includes a Trailer First and a Trailer Second cars. I would like to complete the HST to a full formation, but I am not sure what was the prototypical. If I checked correctly in my Rail Express Modellere magazine (issue nr. 30), the following formations appeared in Virgin livery:

43, TF, TRSB, TS*4, TGS, 43

43, TF, TRSB, TS*2, TGS, 43

Is it correct?

Of course I was idiot, because I did not buy the additional cars when those were available, so I am in trouble now as the cars went off the market. If I think well I have to look for cars without buffers.

When I looking for the additional cars I noticed that Hattons has two TRSB cars:

http://www.ehattons.com/25461/Dapol_2P_005_410_Mk3_Coach_Buffet_in_Virgin_Trains_livery_without_buffers_ex_NC055A_/StockDetail.aspx

http://www.ehattons.com/58943/Dapol_NC216B_MkIII_coach_buffet_in_Virgin_livery_40401_HST/StockDetail.aspx

Does somebody know what are the differences between these 2 cars? For me it seems the same, but I am not an expert.

The box texts are different: (one seems to be a trsb and the other is trfb, car numbers are also different)

NC216B_1459880_Qty1_box.jpg

2P-005-410_1020118_Qty1_box.jpg

According to wikipedia, the trains run as TF-TF-TRUK-TS-TS-TRSB-TS-TGS after 1980 and as TF-TF-TRFB-TS-TS-TRSB-TS-TGS after 1985. Also some Virgin units were often 5 car sets TF-TR?B-TS-TS-TGS.

43080-091-26-10-02-40STEPS.jpg

Edited by kvp