300 Series Shinkansen retirement date announced

bill937ca

JR Central has announced the last 300 Series Shinkansen will run to Shin-Osaka from Tokyo on Friday March 16th 2012.

Tokyo 10:47→ Shinagawa 10:54→ Shin-Yokohama 11:06→ Nagoya 12:32→ Kyoto 13:08→ Shin-Osaka 13:23

Moreover there will be 300 Series head markers and side sticker effective February 17, 2012.

O 300 system which gave the body ornament -- the operation day of a vehicle

February 17 or 24 : <Nozomi 343> Tokyo 12:20→ Shin-Osaka 14:56

February 17 or 24 : <Nozomi 388> Shin-Osaka 18:20→ Tokyo 20:56

February 24 : <Nozomi 371> Tokyo 15:13→ Shin-Osaka 17:50

February 24 : <Nozomi 406> Shin-Osaka 20:27→ Tokyo 23:03

March 3 : Train only for an organization Tokyo 8:23→ Shin-Osaka 11:00

March 10 : Train only for an organization Tokyo 7:37→ Shin-Osaka 10:33

March 10 : Train only for an organization Shin-Osaka 11:43→ Tokyo 14:20

March 16 : <Nozomi 329> Tokyo 10:47→ Shin-Osaka 13:23

* <Nozomi 343> <Nozomi 388> <Nozomi 371 <Nozomi 406>> is on the convenience of vehicle employment.

It may be changed hurriedly.

http://rail.hobidas.com/news/info/article/130870.html

http://jr-central.co.jp/news/release/_pdf/000013673.pdf

• Like 1

I hope the next Tomix set announced will reproduce this "Sayonara" train

soon only duck nose trains between Tokio and Osaka  :crybaby2:

ciao

Massimo

Not that much more variety between Osaka and Hakata either unless you happen across a 100 or 500 while they are still around. At least the N700-8000 and Hikari Railstars add a bit of colour.

But lack of variety isn't a new thing or necessarily bad, on my first visit to Japan all you saw were 0's and 100's and north of Tokyo it was only 200's. Those were the days when bullet trains were bullet trains.

west,

I too remember when bullet trains were real bullet trains!  In those days too, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and strange furry creatures from Alpha-Centauri were REAL strange furry creatures from Alpha-Centauri !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

west,

I too remember when bullet trains were real bullet trains!  In those days too, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and strange furry creatures from Alpha-Centauri were REAL strange furry creatures from Alpha-Centauri !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

I think those were the days when tentacle monsters still made people explode, unlike today where they write poetry, and shop at The Sharper Image too, right?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  The 16-car 500 series on Nozomi service are all gone, right?  All Tokaido Shinkansen traffic will be 700s.  :sad:

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  The 16-car 500 series on Nozomi service are all gone, right?  All Tokaido Shinkansen traffic will be 700s.  :sad:

Kills my future thoughts of rail-fanning the shinkansen.

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Last 300 series run out of Tokyo today, just about 2 hrs. ago (Nozomi 329).

In Ota Ward, the famous bridge crossing National Highway 1 (aka Daini Keihin):

At Shin-Yokohama, usual platform-end circus:

Massimo,

I know how you feel man ... perhaps we should sit down and get drunk together !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

PS:  Hey!  I'm Aussie .... it's the only solution I have!!!

• Like 1

Massimo,

I know how you feel man ... perhaps we should sit down and get drunk together !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

PS:  Hey!  I'm Aussie .... it's the only solution I have!!!

OK! but before we build a track oval to run my 300 collection and we use beer and wine bottles like buildings, at the end the skyline is like NY

well, 300 still live in my collection (forever), I'm a little bit disappointed about next Tomix 300 preview, it's not the sayonara set, now I need to decide if is better I make  it from myself or I wait....

ciao

Massimo

• Like 1

300 Series mania! I don`t think a last run is quite the same anywhere else in the world.   :cool:  Many of the things we value stem from these incredible shows of enthusiasm.

Martijn Meerts

A last run over here is usually 'one day it's there, the next it's gone', and no one notices until half a year later :)

• Like 1

Seriously, they're SCRAPPING them? That's not well to see at all. :(

It's so awful to see such an awesome and (relatively) new train to be scrapped, I seriously can't bear to see it.

Seriously, they're SCRAPPING them? That's not well to see at all. :(

It's so awful to see such an awesome and (relatively) new train to be scrapped, I seriously can't bear to see it.

I think this awaits pretty much any retired rolling stock that's not sent to southeast Asia.

I know such things happen, but I still don't like such things when they are not old at all. Shinkansen can't really be sent to a different country because of the electrical parts probably, but it's still a shame to see such new rolling stock getting scrapped. I mean, the 200 series is still running, and they already scrap the 300 series, I just don't really get that stuff.