Finally!! A HO-scale Shinkansen model with DCC and real sound!!

Nozomi4ever

Great news! The long-wait is finally over!

The Japanese have unveiled a new 0 series Shinkansen model with DCC and real sound in HO scale! How awesome is that?? Check it out below! :laugh::grin

• Like 1

It's a good-looking train, but the DCC sound seemed rather limited for factory DCC.  I didn't hear any significant difference between startup and running sounds in the first video.  And the second seemed to have a lot of additional audio (station souds, the braking series 500) which made it hard to tell how much was the train.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, after all we're a bit starved for any Japanese DCC sound, but it seems rather disappointing.  I expect more out of HO DCC sound.

Folks;

This really brings back memories. When I was younger I lived in Japan (Northern Honshu) for about 5 years. Where do I order one of these? I am in the US and would love a Shinkansen model in HO. Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards

Jere Ingram

bikkuri bahn

The maker, Volks, tends to favor bricks and mortar shops to sell their product, as well as their own company shops and website.  So far I can't find any websites that ship outside Japan.  Does Hobidas ship foreign?  I'm in Japan, so other forumers would be more knowledgeable.  Maybe an Ebay seller will offer one eventually, probably mark it up at least 50% though.

Folks;

I think I was able to log on to Volk's web site...it was nearly all dolls and I could not find any mention of the Shinkansen. Any body got any additional info on where to order or obtain this train?????

Regards

Jere Ingram

Folks;

I found a source for the model Shinkasen. However, price is $800 for a 4 car set. Does this sound right to you? Hate to pay double for someting I might be able to get get a little cheaper some where else. Any comments.

Regards

Jere Ingram

bikkuri bahn

upwpfan,

The Zoukeimura railway series products (including the 0 series) are apparently intended only for the Japanese market (it makes sense, since there are few modelers abroad doing Japanese prototype, even less in HO).   That's why you don't see any info in English on the Volks/Zoukeimura website.  There is info in Japanese however.

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/products/srs01_0shinkansen.html

The basic set of 4 cars is priced at 47,250 yen or $565.  They sell through approved dealers rather than the big discounters/mail order firms.  Your best bet would be to go to Japan and buy it.

Folks;

Yikes...a $300 upcharge for the Shinkansen is just to much for this wallet to handle at the moment. Which "auction service" are you talking about???

Regards

Jere Ingram

Jere,

there are services in japan that will bid on yahoo japan auctions for you then do the purchase, and item is sent to them (most all yahoo.jp auctions are japan only) and they forward it onto you. they usually have a set charge for doing these transactions. i bet they would do the same with a purchase from a japan only online store as ell. BTTrains.com also is doing a similar service and his japanese agent might also be able to do that as well.

thinking the fee will be much less than $300.

here is a tread that describes the process:

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,986.0.html

cheers

jeff