Micro Ace Doraemon Train: Pictures and Questions

Martijn Meerts

SubwayHypes

I swear Doraemon has been around for as long as i remember.  That blue cat is in so many cartoons and on so many graphics its not even funny. 

I have seen in japanese N scale mags people have little tiny Doraemon's or Totora that you get from vending machines, and they put into their layout as a statue in a small entertainment district or whatnot.

I would like to see more pictures of Gundam or other characters in peoples layouts.  So far all i have is a Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Billboard on my Tokyu Hands building, i would love to get some N scale Gundam or Godzillas.

Martijn Meerts

I have 4 1:144 Gundams which I still need to build, I intend to recreate a scene from Gundam Seed, with 2 Gundams in hand to hand combat over an elevated shinkansen track =)

Also planning on having various scenes based on various Ghibli movies in a series of modules I've been planning for a while, but haven't had time to build yet.

I've seen some N Gauge train, I think it was a MicroAce, with a 999 Galaxy Express designs (characters...) on the side.

Martijn Meerts

Yeah.. There's both a movie version and a series version of it. I believe only the series version has the Galaxy Express logo on the loco. Both sets come with a gun car. I have a set on order, but haven't heard anything about it yet, need to send the store an email I guess =)

No I did meant the actual Galaxy Express set but another one with some decorations on the sides, like the Doraemon train.

disturbman

Cheers Jeff, you found exactly the one I was speaking about! I didn't think that someone will know which one it was.

And tell me. What other "painted trains" do you have?

Cheers Jeff, you found exactly the one I was speaking about! I didn't think that someone will know which one it was.

And tell me. What other "painted trains" do you have?

oh no, now you did it, you found my kryptonite...

ok for starters the full trains:

Doremon

Pompa train - Hitachi steam exhibit train (ma A4271))

Ge Ge Ge no kitaro train (ma A8825)

Hattorikun train (ma A8610)

loco with open sided passenger cars with scenic scenes on side (A1463)

NHK 811 series (A0646)

Space world 811 series (A0643)

Kiha 40-700 fox, squid, crab sets (A5933)

455 series EC 3 car set Akabee (A0521)

series 3100 romance car sky train (A8158)

Kiha 40-700  crab car with plain cars set (A5917)

series 12 passenger cars with origami (A1852)

kiha 40 kitaro train - 4 single cars (A8626 A8627 A8628 A8629)

201 series EC4 4 seasons train (kato 10-919)

ill list the light rail and street cars another time as they are another big pile!

cheers,

jeff

That is one heck of a list of painted trains.

I've got a

doraemon set

fox squid octopus set

kitario train,

mt fuji set.

love the illustraions, they're all so happy, will need to find and buy more happy trains.

That is one heck of a list of painted trains.

I've got a

doraemon set

fox squid octopus set

kitario train,

mt fuji set.

love the illustraions, they're all so happy, will need to find and buy more happy trains.

you have the flashy ones though! they are really happy and really a big crowd drawer. kids especially love them. i love them as they add some color and spice to views, plain painted trains everywhere gets boring, nice to see something fun now and then, wakes folks up.

cheers

jeff

260$, I think you can get them cheaper through the Auction system.

Right now there is three of them. One is listed at 10.000Yen, the other one at 17.000 and the last one at allmost 20.000. Maybe I think I'm going to bid on the first one.

That Doraemon train ran up here in Hokkaido for about 5 months in 2006, as a special limited express (excursion) from Hakodate to the station in the Seikan Tunnel. Alas, the train no longer runs, and the 781 type emu is extinct.

Was looking at converting this one for Nik-  Have yet to figure out how to remove the shell and get to hte light boards in the end cars.  The decoder install looks a bit dicey but doable in the motor car.

MicroAce, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!

jeff

(the painted train addict)

clifforddward

I have one of these Doraemon train sets up for sale currently on eBay...it is a mint-in-box new set that I bought when first issued and never got around to operating.

Offering also includes the promotional poster issued in advance of production and given to dealers to promote sales.

eBay auction # 251237345543

Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251237345543?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Best Regards,

Cliff Ward

Cary, North Carolina

USA

post-1301-0-61037700-1362104549_thumb.jpg