Chicken Ramen Kato Pocket line tram

dont remember seeing this one come up on the kato site before and HS has not picked it up, but plaza japan has it. its a cute painted pocket line tram for a chicken ramen product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120825338371&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_1948wt_1126

http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/pocket_line.shtml

bit pricier than the plain pocket tram, but this one looks a lot less toy like to me painted like this than the plain green one.

on second thought i think maybe i remember seeing a picture of his earlier in the year, maybe in one of the trade show blogs. the fog of age...

cheers

jeff

Hobby Dreamer

Maybe its the angle on the Kato site, but the track separation seems wide on the curve..

.. and a tight curve approaching to make the station stop...

Is that Tweety bird on sushi?

no tweety bird on noodle soup. plazajapan actually translated ramen into chicken soup!

jeff

Maybe its the angle on the Kato site, but the track separation seems wide on the curve..

.. and a tight curve approaching to make the station stop...

yep thats the unitram curve it swings from the 25mm spacing on the straight to 33mm in the middle of the curve so it does do a wide swing and i think that angle just magnifies it.

jeff

Krackel Hopper

I think someone on here posted a Kato release poster that showed this, but the picture was so small I couldn't tell it was a "painted" tram.. I just thought it was the Pocket Line tram in a different color..

I'm pretty sure I need one..

(in the background)

RapitBunny - "Is that baby chicken eating ramen?  Awww.. I want it!"

actually i think its more the baby chicken is served on the ramen! its always a bit quirky when the advertising mascot is the thing you are eating...

i broke down w/in about 2 minutes of seeing it at plaza japan... may sell off the old green version.

jeff

Yes, the original have a sort of not real look and feel, but the new paint job somehow makes them quite realistic now. Always interesting seeing different things like this flipping modeling things between unreal and real like this.

Jeff

Last night I was looking through my photos from last years trip and realised I rode the chicken ramen monorail while I was in Osaka. It's a real paint scheme after all.

post-218-13569930142457_thumb.jpg

Last night I was looking through my photos from last years trip and realised I rode the chicken ramen monorail while I was in Osaka. It's a real paint scheme after all.

AFAIK the chicken ramen tram did have a prototype, if I'm correct it was in Nagasaki. There is a small pic of in in a photomontage on the Introduction Forum, I'll look it up later.

Cheers NB

Krackel Hopper

So when is Modemo going make this Nagasaki prototype?

After that, will Greenmax/Fujimi do a monorail release?

If only..  :grin

I've really got to sit down and look at all my photos from my trip last November. I was just putting some of my video onto DVD for a friend at work when what do I see trundle past my camera in Kagoshima? These things are everywhere.

post-218-13569930243698_thumb.jpg

post-218-13569930244457_thumb.jpg

• Like 1