Should we have a "Deals" section ?

Hobby Dreamer

Hobby Dreamer

Whenever I look around for stuff I come across deals that may not interest me but may others..

Is there interest in having a "Deals" section of the forum?

Cheers

Rick

I think that's a reasonable use of New Releases.  Once a deal is past, its thread is going to drop off the first page.  I don't see a need for a separate section.

I thought we did....I think it's called "Cteno4"  :grin (Man can Jeff find deals!)

uhho i got a rep now... i owe it to my mom taking me to all the department store sales, she was great at finding great stuff but it had to have at least 5 prices slashed off to buy! then having to buy a lot of equipment for exhibit projects where the clients are usually non profits and we are on a total shoe string budget!

seems reasonable that deals might have their own slot, but setting that up i know is a pain and we dont have all that many posts in the new release/suppliers section. always a juggle to where you end up with too many forums to poke through then, but as things grow so must the organization usually... i guess for those deal hunters it would be nice to have a place to go to see them all in once glance.

jeff

I'm going to give a bit of cheek here, but who cares?

Whenever I look around for stuff I come across deals that may not interest me but may others..

Is there interest in having a "Deals" section of the forum?

Cheers

Rick

Rick,

Shouldn't this post be in the "General Administrative Discussions" section of Platform 1?  :grin  :grin  :grin

I don't see how "Deals" would be different to "Classifieds - For Sale or Trade" on The Ghost Platform.  ???

Cheers

The_Ghan

I don't see how "Deals" would be different to "Classifieds - For Sale or Trade" on The Ghost Platform.  ???

Cheers

The_Ghan

well classified are for folks selling things themselves usually. what rick is talking about is when someone spots a good deal on something, good ebay item, discounts, free shipping, etc that is not their stuff. also bttrains has been posting deal stuff in various places, might be a place to centralize dealers offering things.

jeff

So Ghan, if you ever sell a train in the "Classifieds - For Sale or Trade"--are you guaranteeing a deal from the buyers perspective?  :grin  :grin  :grin

well if you want to put the deals into the classified section then any thing of yours you list in the classified should be a good deal from the buyer's perspective.

jeff

In the past I've used the Classified section to bring good deals to the attention of members here.  I'm not the one selling, or buying, but it's good to let people know what's available.  Others have done the same.  I think Webskipper did so recently with the Kato lighting kits.

Cheers

The_Ghan