TM-LRT01 Discontinued, Replaced or What???

rpierce000

We at BT Trains have just been notified that the TM-LRT01 is no longer in stock and no re run date is scheduled.

If you have ANY information on plans for a replacement or other options I am VERY interested, as I imagine a large number of people in this forum are.

I have looked at HS, they are out of stock.

I am not trying to create a panic, but if you can get some of these, I would buy them now!

Bob

Quick look around the internets of Japanese retailers show most places sold out, though Amazon Japan curiously shows in stock (slightly higher price).  My understanding of this line is it's aimed at collectors not necessarily operators (hence selling motors separately), ergo, if you see something you like- buy it ASAP.  In general, motor units sell out more quickly than non-motorized units- this is the case with HO.

both HS and HLJ had this mechanism on sale for periods over the last year or so. I wondered if they had run to many and there was a glut.

jeff

Its really nothing unusual for Tomytec drives to go out of stock for periods of time, like most other Japanese model train products apart from track. 

This item is now completely gone from Hobby Search and my wholesaler cannot get an answer from the factory as to what they are going to do about it.

Does anyone have a source that might get us another answer? We are going to have a lot of shells with no motors....

Bob

This item is now completely gone from Hobby Search and my wholesaler cannot get an answer from the factory as to what they are going to do about it.

Does anyone have a source that might get us another answer? We are going to have a lot of shells with no motors....

Bob

Its on Hobby Search in waiting list status.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090251

bill thanks for finding this thread, i thought there was one like this but didnt turn it up in a fast look this morning when i saw the mechanism come back out for re-release.

jeff

• Like 1