Unitrack #2 Wye Turnouts

Only if KATO had brought this out earlier it would of helped me to add a middle track to create a proper station layout of Aizu Wakamatsu. Oh well I can still buy it and re-do the Aizu-Wakamatsu layout with the Y added to it. :)

You should have gone for Tomix ... :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Only if KATO had brought this out earlier it would of helped me to add a middle track to create a proper station layout of Aizu Wakamatsu. Oh well I can still buy it and re-do the Aizu-Wakamatsu layout with the Y added to it. :)

You should have gone for Tomix ... :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

I didn't know much about the Tomix track at that time when I was starting to build it. That was until I got myself the Tomix Catalogue and saw it there. As they say the rest is history. lol :D

so to bring this thread back on track, has anyone gotten one of these yet? they are sold out at hs and dont appear to have come to the us distributors yet. hurts at $21, but in thinking of this single line bookshelf layout it would be fun to use for a few in small stations as they are used a lot there.

cheers

jeff

Hobby Dreamer

What's interesting is that this item is sold out..

Maybe Kato will learn that there is demand for new track... The scanned image of the 2012 Kato catalog, from another thread, shows that they have new track - both train and tram coming.

Although I am 100% into the model tram part of this hobby, and not necessarily Japanese, Kato's new track only gives me confidence that I can use their train track should it be needed. This new turnout looks ideal for many purposes including a tram stop..

hurts at $21

??? Try $28!!  :laugh:

I suppose it was bound to be more expensive than the #6's and #4's which were tooled a few years ago now. Same price as the Tomix wye though.

hurts at $21

??? Try $28!!  :laugh:

I suppose it was bound to be more expensive than the #6's and #4's which were tooled a few years ago now. Same price as the Tomix wye though.

At present, the #4 is US$33 on HS, while the Wye is $28, so it's actually cheaper.  It's still an expensive switch, but that's Unitrack for you, and the current exchange rate.

The #6 is, oddly, cheaper at $23. That may be a function of scale (they probably sell more #6 than #4, at least based on what I've seen as inventory in U.S. stores).

sorry my typo on the $21 there.

the #4s have always been cheaper than the #6s. i think the #4s are a bit simpler and dont have the extra track sections with them. many folks avoid the #4s with larger trains as they can be cranky unless you want to work on tuning them. some have good luck with them, depends on where they are in the plan and what trains you roll thru them.

still wondering how the wyes are are functioning!

jeff

Mudkip Orange

Well... #6 is 23.39 at HS, 17.99 at MBK. V15 is 50.28 at HS, 39.99 at MBK. CV-1 is 25.72 at HS, 19.99 at MBK.

So I'd expect this to be 21.99 once it hits the states.

There will be 30 Kato wye turnouts in the USA in Mid February. (We will also have Tomix Wyes, different topic)

sales@bttrains.com to reserve yours. $29.99 for reservations by Valentines Day, buy your sweetie a switch (ooohhh.... ), $32.43 when they get here.

I hope to hear from you!

Bob

BT Trains

just noticed that kato usa has posted srp for the wye at $30-35. usually best discounts on track are about 25% in the states, so that would put the best street price at $22.5 - 26.25.

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

I saw the Kato station diagrams.

So will Shinkansens make it through ok?

I've mocked up a 4 lane viaduct station originating from and terminating to a single track.

The new Railmodeller update did not include the 20-222 so I made it. Railmodeller allowed me to overlap 2- 481mm curves using layers.

Each grid square is an inch so this pattern will bring trains close to the viaduct station walls. 3 crazy lanes are better.

post-436-13569930213601_thumb.jpg

I sent an order to HS for some other stuff last night and added a wye. I don't have any use for it at the moment, I just want see what they are like.

I sent an order to HS for some other stuff last night and added a wye. I don't have any use for it at the moment, I just want see what they are like.

I have yet to order anything track, however I fiddled with the wye on Anyrail - tons of possibilities! Even the "teardrop"-shaped passing siding favourd by some rural private railways is possible.

Cheers NB

Nice that it's at the low end of the price range! Beats bringing it over from Japan at $28

One of the JRM members just picked one of the wyes up at kleins so I get to see it this weekend.

Jeff

WOW! How are they making any money at those prices? I know what they cost! That means they make about a buck a unit, BEFORE they pay shipping to them. I have no idea how to do that....

Bob

MBK is a kato distributor I believe and does quite a volume of sales themselves as well. Volume and history can make some good deals.

Jeff

Can't wait for to hear from people who has it and try it! 

I got one thrown into an order for other stuff from HS just to see what they were like but I haven't tried it out yet. I can report it has a plastic frog but otherwise the mechanism seems similar in design to the #4's. There are screws underneath to set it to power routing or non power routing.

• Like 1