Sankei Tram Track?

Krackel Hopper

I wonder how cardstock and plastic will mesh.  Most large tram systems have more than one type of paving.  Most track lasts 20 plus years.

interesting. sort of what we were talking about doing with using the brick program to make various street stone patterns for between and around track like this. it wont be cheap from sankei i expect. wonder what the 4200 yen gets you?

im thinking the printed pattern will look as good from 1' or more and be a heck of a lot cheaper! at scale the little stone joints are on the order of 0.007", thats a pretty thin printed line...

i think one of the price issues with the sankei laser cut stuff is the chipboard. if memory serves me right its pretty expensive, especially for the thin stuff. ill ask my friend who uses it a lot for architectural models.

cheers

jeff

interesting. sort of what we were talking about doing with using the brick program to make various street stone patterns for between and around track like this. it wont be cheap from sankei i expect. wonder what the 4200 yen gets you?

The sidewalks are available at HS.  1100 Yen for 123mm or about 2726 Yen per foot. That`s $35.96 USD. That`s just for a 21mm wide strip

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10159675

Any idea what the track spacing is? And whether curves are offered, and in what radii?

Rich K.

Appears to be Kato from the HS blog.

they didnt show any radius there at all. laser cutting would be the way to go though, super simple to set up and you could do a curved paving stone pattern. would be the nightmare of doing all the permutations folks would want... also curves would waste a huge amount of material and im thinking this is a big chunk of their production costs.

jeff

Did this product ever appear?

The item was an "event gentei shouhin", in other words, it was produced for and sold only during the 32nd annual Japan Model Rlwy show.

• Like 1