Help Me Find Stuff

Mr Frosty

My desire to build a little tram layout is intensifying and I would like a little help identifying some things.

I found this pixture (apparently) of a Tomytec tram & bus stop. I haven't seen it anywhere else apart from on this Yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tomix/message/1055

65228182.jpg

Does anyone recognise it as I rather like the look of it compared to most of the others that are available. Additionally, does anyone recognise the tram track? The size of the plate appears to be the same as the Tomix wide tram track, but this has a much more realistic pattern.

Also, does anyone know anything about these road plates?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tomix/message/685

p1100657.jpg

In the mean time, I shall continue with my plans to convert 6 square foot of space into spmething more interesting.  :grin

Those are probably my posts. As far as I know that is Tomix Wide Tram Track in the upper photos.Those photos would be prototypes as they date  back before the road system was available.

The road plates are made by a small dealer in Osaka. I believe they are peel off stickers.  This is from his blog.

http://mokei-ya.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/05/post-3ed4.html

I would be very surprised if he takes overseas orders.

Thanks Mr Frosty, for those great pics..

The way the tram track was mated to the road plate in the first photo looks amazing... The texture of the track plate also cool!!

Tomix track is wide but because the track is centered in the plate you need some form of road plate if you want vehicles and trams.. Maybe its the texture of the plate but the width is not too noticed in the photo.. 

It would be great to have this mated track released!!!

Cheers

Rick

To me, those pictures of Tomix Wide Tram Track and from the Tomytec Bus System looks like computer renderings.

And I have the impression those "roads plates" in the last picture are man made with some road stickers applied to them.

Martijn Meerts

The top picture does indeed look very much like a rendering. There's some area's in there that show some rather typical rendered global illumination shadows. The platform also seems to float ever so slightly ;)

when the tomytec bus system was being announced they had several pictures of small stops like this in some of the preview pictures which i had never seen anywhere else. they had the squarish roof like that. wonder if its a prototype for a new stop they have yet to roll out. it is nice and very reminiscent of many i have used in japan! having size 14 feet i felt like many times my floppers would not even fit on some of the tram/bus islands i was standing on!

cheers

jef

I'll be near Osaka in a month or so...if Bill can find out where to get those plates, I might could be persuaded to make a run by that shop...

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

The textured tram track in the top photo reminds me of the Tomix 3076 - Tram Rail Accessory Kit.  I know it's not, but it has a similar look.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10050215

The precursor of the Wide Tram Track, these plates clip around Tomix Fine Track to give a tram track appearance.  The first set was a textured surface, and the second release a smooth.  The Wide Tram was then released in smooth surface.  Maybe they will announce some textured surfaces in the future.

post-216-13569928698424_thumb.jpg

Thank you all, now that it is mentioned, the bus certainly does look a bit suspect. It is just my luck to find the items I want are probably prototypes and not readily available.  :BangHead:It is a shame, as they do look rather good.

Best start working on plan B. :grin

Agree that picture with the stop on,looks like std wide tram track with possibly an overlay to simulate the early  accessory set as 'Krackel' says.

Looking at both bus and tram tracks- I think custom road markings added. The tramstop looks a custom made one using parts of the bus stop from the bus set.

It's more than that: the bus shifts away from the center of its lane to avoid the tram stop.  While that would be easy enough to do by moving the guide wire over, none of the current bus roadways does that except for the bus stop, which moves the bus to one side to pull into the bus stop. If you stripped the road markings and then painted your own you could make one from a bus stop roadway.

And I really like that textured-surface wide tram track, but I don't belive it's a current product either.  I've never seen any.