RFF - Promotion video

disturbman

And a superb time lapse and tilt shift video at the same time. Even the sounds were modified and give the impression we are watching a model... which is not the case.

• Like 1

Wow. What a superb video. Thanks for posting.

The mix of real and CGI/model is seamless.  RFF must have spent a fortune on it.

It's good to see railroad companies advertising.  Is that common in Europe?  In the U.S. we've started seeing ads from the largest freight railroads in the last decade (none this inventive), but I don't think I'd ever seen one before that.

I don't know about railways, but in Europe many of the tramway/transit companies are private corporations  and local municipality owns most or all of the shares.  Examples are ATM in Milano and Carris in Lisbon.  These private companies then work out a service contract with the municipalities they serve. This type of corporate structure is not limited to transit, but also applies to sports stadiums, theaters etc.

Wow. What a superb video. Thanks for posting.

You are welcome, I have watched this already more than once.

It's good to see railroad companies advertising. Is that common in Europe?  In the U.S. we've started seeing ads from the largest freight railroads in the last decade (none this inventive), but I don't think I'd ever seen one before that.

Í don't know for Europe in general but I've seen (or heard) some in France. I still can remember SNCF's jingle: "A nous de vous faire préférer le train" (rough translation: It's up to us to make you choose the train) and I just found some for RATP.

Quick note before going to the videos, RFF is not a railroad company per say: it's a public entity in charge of the rail infrastructure in France. And this commercial is I think a first for them.

Internal SNCF video (a nice one):

The second part of the above video seems to have used as a commercial:

SNCF commercial:

SNCF (1988) "It's possible" commercial:

http://youtu.be/GXU8LzO8ssU

Corail Intercité (a SNCF brand):

TGV "Take the time to go fast" commercial:

TER:

TER Nord-Pas-de-Calais:

RATP (in the 80s):

RATP (more recent):

http://youtu.be/l2xPnWtFy0c

I think it's now common in France for big economic actors and institutions to be present in the medias. I can remember Areva having spots in the TV... and it's not as if, people watching TV were going to start buying them nuclear products.

And a superb time lapse and tilt shift video at the same time. Even the sounds were modified and give the impression we are watching a model... which is not the case.

This is the kind of commercial that CAHSR should run to promote the infrastructure and job creating aspects of building an HSR line in California.  But like anything to do with rail transport, there is no imagination, no aggressive promotion, just reaction to NIMBYs and naysayers.