Real Line Steamers

Has anyone ever bought ANYTHING from a company called "Real Line"?

They have some lovely steam engines, but their prices are double to triple MicroAce! 

Any information on these guys is appreciated.

Thanks!

Martijn Meerts

There's a few here who have RealLine steamers (Westfalen and Keitaro I believe), and they're happy with them.

They're a lot more expensive, but they're all metal, usually more detailed, and usually models that aren't main stream.

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5166.0.html here is mine.

Let me say this. Alot of people on this forum have expressed concerns with buying a realline because of price and the rumor of it not running great because it is a brass model and there was even a rumor of it having the motor in the tender.

In regards to price i'm not really sure if the real reason is due to price as when it comes to spontaneous buying alot of members on the forum here have problems with being tempted by the devil and spending large sums of money on models, see http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,5205.0.html

I actually went through this stage and after Westfalen had bought one and noted no issues i decided to bite the bullet and acquire one as well.

It actually runs really well. Better than any greenmaxmodel i have seen.

It was a bit noisy to start with but the instructions actually tell you to run it in for 30 mins in either direction and now it is almost as quiet as my c57 tomix model.

Also it runs at a more prototypical speed or mine does at least. where i find my tomix just runs way too fast at 50% and looks unreal.

the detail is great and it has no pick up issue.

I can note it is more detailed that a tomix/Kato model and has some bits to add yourself.

Also the tender rumor is rubbish i went through all the models they currently offer and none have a motor in the tender.

They may have several years ago but they have definately have not got this now.

I myself am actually talking with HS atm to order me a few models 3 in fact but HS didn't seem to sure this was possible but said they will get back to me.

Martijn Meerts

I'll definitely buy 1 or more RealLine steamers at some point. For now I've been preferring steamers that were released with an accompanying car set, easier than figuring out myself what kinda cars a steamer should be pulling :)

If I were building a steam only layout though, I'd likely go mainly with RealLine, because of the detail. A nice servicing area needs well detailed steamers :)

Hmm i'm getting a bit worried realline may be closing down.

No official word but since beginning of this month their store had 0 items. Then roughly the 10th their store no longer works.

I sent 2 polite emails over the last 2 weeks in japanese and have yet to receive a reply.

bikkuri bahn

According to their front page their shopping site is shut down for renewal (since the end of March).  They will announce in information when the site is up again.

Thanks Bikkuri bahn,

didn't they say it wasa temporary? i know no kanji only hiragana/katakana so i had to rely on google.

Having said that thir site was down at that time but it came back up a week later now again a month later it went bye bye.

But what you're saying makes sense. Hope it is related as i was wishing to see them in JAM. Another email they have yet to reply to yet if they will be there or not selling products or any show limited runs like last year.

well i never got a response so i sent another email.

Also i asked bigman about products and ordering and they said they can't get any as nothing marked for availability.

I guess that either they are doing a renewed line up and have yet to get out anouncements about new models and this is why they have brought down store as no point if no stock or they are going kaput!

I realy want a few of their offerings too  :sad:

I presume you're referring to www.realline-jp.com, right?

There doesn't seem to be much action.

I've noticed there isn't much going on with Tenshodo or Worldcraft either.  Are they still around?

Cheers

The_Ghan

tenshodo and worldcraft have constant releases on a monthly basis.

realline have not for some time though they have had a track record of 3 - 6 models a year.

not including their show only limited releases.