50s JR

bill937ca

So, if I got the translations right... the EH10 was a passenger pulling express engine, ran on the (Original) Tokaido Line and could do the trip in 6:30 hours.

But the warbonnet could only do it in 6:50 hours.... I suppose one might've been a direct express...

I really want the 2-car 0 Series :), the winner at 250km/h and 3 hours to Osaka from Tokyo... with that paint scheme, it looks great... it's even running down on the 'land' with a dual gauge line? I've never seen that before... they couldn't've built the viaducts after the 0 series?

Fantastic clips... keep it coming :)

We have quite a few LAN cars that have the exact same bed/sleeping arrangements... travelled around NSW in one two years ago hauled by 2 heritage diesels... should have pics here somewhere...

As for the hammer, what's it for? :)

Did you ever travel on a train w/some guy/gal who just can't stop talking their cellphone for the entire trip? The Japanese knew 50 years ago about this problem, that's why there's a hammer. ;D

I would guess in case there's an emergency, to break the windows of the train to get out.