Do You Like Music?

bill937ca

The first video is not available anymore.

Rail freaks, I resemble that remark, thank you mister :p I recognize Super BellZ there. But you know, I spent twop hours shooting those at Shinagawa and do not recall once hearing that sound.

About 2:30 in they're coupling the two trains together. The first time I saw this at Shinagawa I thoguht the trains were about to crash cause the motormen running out of the pocket siding was moving so damn fast and that from my experience when I worked in the rail industry, operation policies prohibited making or breaking trains while in revenue service. The fear was the assembly jolt while connecting the two trains might knock passengers over and was deemed a safety risk.

I just tried it again.  It works for me.  You Tube sometimes does that.  I've learned to wait it out.  It could either be that You Tube is overloaded or they are working on the system.  Google Translate sometimes gives bogus messages too.

About 2:30 in they're coupling the two trains together. The first time I saw this at Shinagawa I thoguht the trains were about to crash cause the motormen running out of the pocket siding was moving so damn fast and that from my experience when I worked in the rail industry, operation policies prohibited making or breaking trains while in revenue service. The fear was the assembly jolt while connecting the two trains might knock passengers over and was deemed a safety risk.

In the US, San Francisco Muni made up and broke up trains at West Portal station for years with passengers on them. Don't know if they still do.

I just tried it again.  It works for me.  You Tube sometimes does that.  I've learned to wait it out.  It could either be that You Tube is overloaded or they are working on the system.  Google Translate sometimes gives bogus messages too.

Yeah, it's playing now. I always hated that dreadful "Sorry, the video you requested is no longer available"

In the US, San Francisco Muni made up and broke up trains at West Portal station for years with passengers on them. Don't know if they still do.

I recall the Broadway Limited would too in I think it was Philly. I always hated it because I ended up riding backwards from Broad Street to Penn. I don't know if Amtrak still does. I know MARC, VRE, NJT, and SEPTA pretty much all tourist outfits do not because of the liability issue. I've crewed on trains before and been on the receiving end of a few hard hits that nearly threw me from a caboose once, and the back end of a hopper two or three times.

CaptOblivious

Rail freaks, I resemble that remark, thank you mister :p I recognize Super BellZ there. But you know, I spent twop hours shooting those at Shinagawa and do not recall once hearing that sound.

Has that been posted here yet? I think so. Hell, it's apropos, here it is again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExvEF2zudA