Sega Tokyo Tower meets unitram

FFISKIV

I recently purchased a Sega Tokyo Tower replica. Detail and lighting effects are fantastic so despite the scale I threw it on the layout.  I can't decide if it looks too out of pla  ce so I'm appealing to the forum for guidance.

post-334-135699283024_thumb.jpg

FFISKIV,

did you just get that on ebay a week or two ago?! it went for an excellent price! they are fun. i have mine on a side desk in the office right now and just turn it on now and then.

it is about 1/3rd scale for n scale, but if you mask off the lower building as you have with other building and trees, it could go as some sort of 300' tokyo tower knock off attraction. upper windows on the mid observation deck could be just two floors and then one at the top.

actually something that you might see happen in japan, there is 1/12 scale world where they have all sorts of wonders of the world rebuilt at 1/12 scale models, so this could be something like that!

i have always noodled on doing a full n scale tokyo tower, but thats about 7.2' tall! need a tall ceiling or low layout!

cheers

jeff

I agree - it looks good and a miniature version of Tokyo tower as an attraction seems like a very Japanese thing to do :)

Jeff said everything I was going to, but phrased it better anyway :)

thats what the tomytec photographer sets are for. then need a lot of led flash circuits firing! also a bunch of busses!

jeff

I think you will find structures like the Tokyo Tower set their own scale. There's no doors or windows. As long as the entrance isn't over whelming the structures around it you should be OK.  It could even be off on a plaza by itself in a back corner of the layout for a bit of forced perspective.

But don't forget the tourists and tour buses!!!   :cool:

I think you will find structures like the Tokyo Tower set their own scale. There's no doors or windows. As long as the entrance isn't over whelming the structures around it you should be OK.  It could even be off on a plaza by itself in a back corner of the layout for a bit of forced perspective.

Bill - that's kind of what I was thinking as well.  It such an unusual/one-of-a-kind type of structure that (in addition to windows/doors as you mentioned) there's no other frame of reference.  Yes, people who know the actual height/size of the prototype and the true scale of N Gauge will notice the scale discrepancy...but that's maybe .00001% of the world's population!  As long as you're happy with it keep it!  In my mind it looks really cool and is really interesting! I'm thinking I might like one myself!  :grin

Hobby Dreamer

It looks great!

That Unitram track, the way you laid it out and your structures are terrific!!!

(On the other hand, where else can you find a tower similar in scale to the real one?)

• Like 1

Yep, ebay. $65+$12S&H. I simply couldn't pass it up. I ended up being the only bidder. I thought for sure I'd have to fight one of you guys for it. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. The photographer set just arrived. I think the comments were spot on and I decided to keep it. Thanks again.

you did good FFISKIV, these go for $200-400 most of the time now and shipping them from japan is like $50 or more!

its fun to just turn the lights on as well, nice soothing change.

enjoy!

jeff