Other hobbies...

Too many to name!

but I see there are other wargamers here!.  I don't seem to do much anymore but I did have fun painting some british and soviet micro-armour, plus some other stuff.  There are pics on my blog as well as some N scale pics from the Warley train show in the uk in 2007

http://grumbeast.blogspot.com/

SubwayHypes

not sure how some of you will react to this, especially since its considered extremely illegal in Japan, but being that i am a california resident and a proponent of proposition 215, i have recently started to grow my own plants and i find it extremely rewarding.  i get to grow my own stuff without worrying about drug dealers and poison laced product.   i want to expand my hydroponic gardening to include beef tomatoes, basil, and mint.    gardening is something that i am finding extremely attractive, i am tired of buying pesticide laced food from the super market, i want to grow my own EVERYTHING, from apples to oranges to tomatos to pot...

yes i recreationally use marijuana, i am a somewhat hyper person when sober and its very hard to work on a model layout without having a few bong hits LOL, without marijuana it would be virtually impossible to sit in one place for an hour glueing lichen and fake grass to a layout....

haha, now the cats out of the bag, i will be the resident JNS pothead.

not sure how some of you will react to this, especially since its considered extremely illegal in Japan, but being that i am a california resident and a proponent of proposition 215, i have recently started to grow my own plants and i find it extremely rewarding.  i get to grow my own stuff without worrying about drug dealers and poison laced product.   i want to expand my hydroponic gardening to include beef tomatoes, basil, and mint.    gardening is something that i am finding extremely attractive, i am tired of buying pesticide laced food from the super market, i want to grow my own EVERYTHING, from apples to oranges to tomatos to pot...

yes i recreationally use marijuana, i am a somewhat hyper person when sober and its very hard to work on a model layout without having a few bong hits LOL, without marijuana it would be virtually impossible to sit in one place for an hour glueing lichen and fake grass to a layout....

In, Quahog, RI, they do toad.

Ok, I watch Family Guy, only because there's nothing better on TV that time of he night. I suppose, I could watch Tyra, but I'm just not that desperate ^_^

Well, Futurama and Family Guy for me too.

In Canada it is legal to grow it for medicinal self-use.  Beside, if it is filtered by such a standard then, we should ban alcohol and cigarettes too, IMHO.

Mudkip Orange

not sure how some of you will react to this, especially since its considered extremely illegal in Japan, but being that i am a california resident and a proponent of proposition 215, i have recently started to grow my own plants and i find it extremely rewarding.  i get to grow my own stuff without worrying about drug dealers and poison laced product.   i want to expand my hydroponic gardening to include beef tomatoes, basil, and mint.    gardening is something that i am finding extremely attractive, i am tired of buying pesticide laced food from the super market, i want to grow my own EVERYTHING, from apples to oranges to tomatos to pot...

You're pretty f*ckin ballsy for admitting that out loud on a public board.

We'll never have an accurate picture of recreational marijuanna use until admittance doesn't carry the slim possiblity of DEA agents at your door.

EDIT: Cleaning the f-bomb a little to be a tad more PG friendly.

SubwayHypes

true, however i live right smack dab in oakland, which some now call "oaksterdam" because it is more leniant towards MMJ than amsterdam and the product is arguably better. 

but yeah, any other city in the US, like detroit, cleveland, atlanta, new york, i would not be mentioning this!

Well, Futurama and Family Guy for me too.

In Canada it is legal to grow it for medicinal self-use.  Beside, if it is filtered by such a standard then, we should ban alcohol and cigarettes too, IMHO.

I love Futurama, and was glad to hear CC has ordered new episode to air next year.

SubwayHypes

hahah no, i rarely see cars with whistle tips.  i do see alot and i mean ALOT of scrapers.  (old american cars with big rims and obnoxious sound systems, usually filled with drug dealing criminals)

CaptOblivious

hahah no, i rarely see cars with whistle tips.

That's alright. It's just for decoration, that's it and that's all.

I love Futurama, and was glad to hear CC has ordered new episode to air next year.

I know, according to the latest development, all the previous voice cast will be in this one too!

It will be perfect if they do one with trains!!!!

CaptOblivious

My second hobby is run whit my bike (I've not too much time for) and restore/rebuild my old Moto Guzzi V7 bikes(pre '75), sometime I go to see "Frecce Tricolori" acrobatic team (Rivolto airbase is near me, only 30 KM)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Frecce_Tricolori.jpg

...other bikers on this forum?

ciao

Massimo

Yes, there are a few of us. How much for one of your V7s? Shipped? ;) I love the new V7 Classic just recently available in the States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_aDSTNovc8

Sorry, both of my V7 (one civil and one police-Carabinieri) are not on sale maybe ask to these guys

http://www.cyclegarden.com/

the new V7 is not so good, the engine project is very old so don't have horsepower, it's based on 350cc old engine, I don't know why Guzzi don't use 1000cc base and sincerly I don't know if Moto Guzzi is still alive, Mandello original factory is closed "for improvement" until...boh, now all is assembled on Aprilia factory (both owned by Piaggio group, yes the Vespa builder ;-)

Guzzi is like HD but whit cylinder on the right side  :grin

ciao

Massimo

CaptOblivious

Sorry, both of my V7 (one civil and one police-Carabinieri) are not on sale maybe ask to these guys

http://www.cyclegarden.com/

the new V7 is not so good, the engine project is very old so don't have horsepower, it's based on 350cc old engine, I don't know why Guzzi don't use 1000cc base and sincerly I don't know if Moto Guzzi is still alive, Mandello original factory is closed "for improvement" until...boh, now all is assembled on Aprilia factory (both owned by Piaggio group, yes the Vespa builder ;-)

Guzzi is like HD but whit cylinder on the right side  :grin

ciao

Massimo

Yeah, my local Vespa dealer carries them; I knew they were Piaggio group. Doesn't seem so bad, really: Aprilia is a good name (especially in the scooter world). Shame that the new ones don't live up to the old standard: It's still a handsome bike :D Here's what I ride: http://powersports.honda.com/2009/silver-wing.aspx

I used to restore 80's era Honda scooters, but I've recently sold off all of them (economy, etc.).

Yeah! Honda big scooter is a good choice, for all days now I use one old Yamaha TW125. I Use Guzzi V7 only for small runs, they are "old ladies" and it's not so simple to find spare parts

I hope you can buy a bike again, maybe Guzzi or Ducati  :grin

I've sold the rest of my bike collection before crisis (one Vespa whit sidecar, one Guzzi 850T3 California) but I'm still crying :crybaby2:

ciao

Massimo

Martijn Meerts

Love bikes, but I don't have one. Don't even have a license.. If I did have a license, I'd end up buying a superbike, drive way too fast and kill myself ;)

SONIC883_de

I paint WH40k-Miniatures, too. Ultras, Tau and Orcs

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

The Krisis-Suite becomes a little bit lighter red when it is finished.

IMG_0054.JPG

I am new to Warhammer 40000. I only start with it to learn painting in Tabletop-class (not Master-Class!) to do some paintjobs on modelrailroad. The colors of Games Workshop and Valijecho are really good.

Other hobbies? Pen&Paper Rollplay, Trains all over the world, Modeltrains only Japan and UK, some Modelcars (I like Lotus Esprit, Nissan Skyline R34/R35 (and some older ones)), I am in the German Japanese Society, ...

In September my wife and I start with Kyudo

Too much!

Concept Model Trains

I use to play the drum kit for a living before I got into website design and multimedia.  These days I play for recreation.  I have a Roland electronic kit that allows me to play without disturbing anyone.  It has great sounds and is a lot of fun. Do we have any other musicians here? :lipssealed:

Martijn Meerts

Love music, would love to be able to play an instrument, but I suck at it =)

I do spend a lot of money on decent hifi gear and cd's though.

I use to play the drum kit for a living before I got into website design and multimedia.  These days I play for recreation.  I have a Roland electronic kit that allows me to play without disturbing anyone.  It has great sounds and is a lot of fun. Do we have any other musicians here? :lipssealed:

Yep. I played guitar for most of my early life and a little piano (my mother was a pianist when she was younger) and my 1st major in college was classical guitar. I realized the college was gearing me towards teaching and during one college break I spent a week observing my brother's high school class.......that is hard work and not an easy job because you never know what you are going to get as students. My love of music led me to my present career because music has a huge influence in film making.

CaptOblivious

I paint WH40k-Miniatures, too. Ultras, Tau and Orcs

I played WH40k from 1st ed through 3rd. I have the 4th ed rulebooks, but never played, and I hear rumours there's a 5th ed out now? I played All-Guardian Eldar and Crimson Fists, and my wife still has her Tau army. We also played Warmachine, but we just haven't had time for either in the past few years.