BBC2 8PM SUNDAY NIGHT

harukablue

Sorry but this isnt available outside the UK (I think??) :sad: but on BBC2 8PM tomorrow night, James May attempts a 10 mile OO/HO world record again on the same old track bed.

May be on you tube at a later date as the original attempt was;-

• Like 1

Not too sure, this time he is up against the team from Minatur Wonderland in Hamburg who are also trying for the title,,,I'm at work so booked to record it :)

The Youtube video is "not available in your country".  Annoying lawyers.  Shakespeare had it right.

I'm sure it'll turn up on BBC America eventually; the original Toy Stories series with the first attempt was on last winter.

The Youtube video is "not available in your country".  Annoying lawyers.  Shakespeare had it right.

I'm sure it'll turn up on BBC America eventually; the original Toy Stories series with the first attempt was on last winter.

Do a youtube search for "James May Hornby" I am sure my cousin in Boston has watched the full hour in all via about  6 youtube videos.

bikkuri bahn
The Youtube video is "not available in your country

Somebody download and share (discreetly of course).

The Youtube video is "not available in your country

Somebody download and share (discreetly of course).

The Pirate's...Den? Cove? Wharf? It's on the tip of my tongue. Rhymes with "May"... Seems to have a copy.

Claude_Dreyfus

Although James May's Toy Stories was well worth watching, viewers in the UK were treated to Richard Hammond (also of Top Gear fame) investigating the science of high speed rail travel a couple of hours earlier on BBC2; using the Bullet train as his example. Plenty of views of 300, 700 and N700 series...with particular emphasis on the N700.  :cool:

This was a great ep! It was interesting that all the trains made it to their destination.

Essentially: about 760 scale miles, and the quickest train (German IC/Duck train) made it in 7 hours I think? It was even more cool to see the alternative "fuel" trains (without ruining it). Toy stories was an excellent series, but kind of sad that there were only 7 eps made in total. Does anyone know why the run was so short? My guess is too expensive to produce? Not enough viewers?