DCC Decoder for Kato TGV K10918-25

Guest Closed Account 1

Is it ESU and which Kato TGV's will it fit? Is it using the 6 pin NEM 651 decoders?

Hello all,

I found them in a ebaY-shop from Spain. These are the links for both (M1 & M2 boards):

http://www.ebay.es/itm/KATO-K10918-25-Platina-M1-leds-y-conector-NEM-TGV-y-AVE-escala-N-/390420848731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item5ae6e5605b

http://www.ebay.es/itm/KATO-K10918-26-Platina-M2-leds-y-conector-NEM-TGV-y-AVE-escala-N-/390419284714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item5ae6cd82ea

These boards are for TGV Thalys, but they can be used for spanish AVE (I have 3 AVE trains).

Hope it helps!  :grin

Cheers.

Any idea what the difference is between M1 and M2 is?

Spiff

M1 = Motor cab

M2 = No-Motor cab

Cheers  :laugh:

Spaceman Spiff

So does any standard nem plug decoder work for the non motorized end units for lighting only? Or do you need a specific light only decoder that doesnt require motor inputs?

Spiff

Guest Closed Account 1

Yes.

I use the TCS EUN651in both the Thalys and Duplex.

CV List to correct directional lighting:

Lead Car:

49=8

61=16

Tail Car:

29=51

49=8

61=16

Tried Rule 17, the lights like to do a weird blend. I stick with what works. Das ist das.

Anyone get these Kato TGV's over 581.82 KPH? That's 0.9 seconds per 0.9144 Meters.

Speed Step 52 on a Digitrax handheld is 308KPH scale speed. More protoypical.

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the info Webskipper, I'll look for the TSC decoders.

I would like the front motorized decoder and the rear non motorized decoder to have the same id. Is there a cv to reverse the lighting sequence for the rear decoder so I can use the same id but with reversed lighting?

Thanks Rintintin,  I used the "compralo ya" and bought 3 of them.

Spiff

Guest Closed Account 1

I just got word that the Kato PCB 10916-25 and K10916-35 do not fit the Kato-Lemke K10327 Eurostar.

When mine arrives I'll see if the new board can fit if the led legs are extended. Otherwise it really is a hard wire job only.

Spaceman Spiff

Webskipper: that's no good. I hope they fit the TGV'S and AVE's. I'll be abit annoyed if they don't

:angryfire

In regards to the decoder do you mean EUN651? I dont see a EUR651. Is this good for non motorized end units or good for non and motorized units?

Thanks

Spiff

Guest Closed Account 1

Good news!

The Kato Eurostar 10-327 uses the same chassis as the new Kato TGV's.

I received mine today and first things first, opened it up.

Study the picture of the Eurostar next to the new Thalys.

The Eurostar shell fits the Thalys except for a few lower chassis differences. The fit was close enough to illuminate the directional lamps. The white LED shines into the light pipes just fine.

There is plenty of room to hardwire a decoder into the Trailing end car because its the same car as the motor car minus the driveline and motor. What an anchor.

I ordered the Lightboards K10918-25 M1 and K10918-26 M2 from eBay.es they accept 6-pin decoders.

post-436-135699307661_thumb.jpg

Spaceman Spiff

Yes.

I use the TCS EUN651in both the Thalys and Duplex.

CV List to correct directional lighting:

Lead Car:

49=8

61=16

Tail Car:

29=51

49=8

61=16

Tried Rule 17, the lights like to do a weird blend. I stick with what works. Das ist das.

Anyone get these Kato TGV's over 581.82 KPH? That's 0.9 seconds per 0.9144 Meters.

Speed Step 52 on a Digitrax handheld is 308KPH scale speed. More protoypical.

Hi Webskipper, would a Digitrax DZ125N do the same job with the same CV values? The reason I ask is the Digitrax is abit cheaper.

Spff

Guest Closed Account 1

You mean DZ125IN. 6-Pin decoder.

I doubt it because of the Digitrax decoders I install in friend's locomotives none of the decoders want to use the same CV values I use for mine with TCS decoders.

I have a lists of more TCS CV values that can be used, than I know what to do with.

Sure, you might pay a lot less for Digitrax, and you will get a lot less for your money.

Spaceman Spiff

You mean DZ125IN. 6-Pin decoder.

I doubt it because of the Digitrax decoders I install in friend's locomotives none of the decoders want to use the same CV values I use for mine with TCS decoders.

I have a lists of more TCS CV values that can be used, than I know what to do with.

Sure, you might pay a lot less for Digitrax, and you will get a lot less for your money.

Ya I meant the the DZ125IN decoder. I guess I will shell out for the TSC EUN's then. Bothering you for tech support will be easier then  lol

Spiff

Guest Closed Account 1

Bothering you for tech support will be easier then  lol

Actually, TCS actually answers your questions thoroughly.

Digitrax will regurgitate the manual and leave you wondering.

This is why my whole fleet has been converted with TCS. No more Digitrax decoders.

The TCS EUN651 is an N Scale decoder 1 Amp Continuous (2 Amp Peak) while the DZ125IN is Z scale. Compare the specs.

Spaceman Spiff

Sounds good Webskipper. What is your decoder preference for motor only decoders? I have been using the Digitrax dn125 and 135 in my last install?

Spiff

Guest Closed Account 1

I use the TCS M1 for motors. I buy the 5 packs.

I installed TCS drop in decoders in my trio of Union Pacific GEVOs and they pulled 50+ Maxi-IV container cars and coal porters (enough for 25 feet of train) so smoothly out of the yard and around the club layout. The head and tail locos never tried to fight. Impressive sight. No speed matching. Just put the after loco upfront and slowest in the back.

Guest Closed Account 1

Changed my stance on using the new style Kato TGV light board (K10918-25) with 6pin decoder. Not enough room under the ceiling for that setup.

Instead, used a common "A Unit" decoder with white LEDs. Just flipped one so they both shine forward.

I compared the color and intensity of the original Kato red/pink LED with a red LED, and prefer the decoder's white LED to shine though the red filter for the tail lamps.  Bright.

Here's a quick video of how they look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKc5as8Ro