Preview broken?

Is it just me, or is the Preview button when posting not working?

I've tried multiple times with two posts to preview my comment, and it just hangs and never displays the Preview.  It just says "Fetching preview..." in the Preview Post section. Posting works fine.

It failed for this one too, making three posts having the problem.

Guest ___

I've been noticing sparatic issues as well with the board. Like/Unlike link missing from entire threads, missing from some posts but noth others. I have one thread I Was looking that that had only Unlike, despite the fact that I never showed that I liked it. (Scott was the only like for the post) A lot of little issues with the likes lately.

I've been noticing sparatic issues as well with the board. Like/Unlike link missing from entire threads, missing from some posts but noth others. I have one thread I Was looking that that had only Unlike, despite the fact that I never showed that I liked it. (Scott was the only like for the post) A lot of little issues with the likes lately.

i havn't had that happening but did have issues with random slows and still do.

CaptOblivious

That's because, as a moderator, you can make anyone unlike a like they placed on a post :D Also, there is at least one forum with liking disabled, and I'm willing to bet that's why they might seem to disappear?

brill27mcb

I tried sending a personal message to another member, and at the bottom I was asked to type in the distorted letters in the picture below -- except that there was no picture below! Message aborted...

Rich K.

so i hadn't been bothered to post this but the other day when i created the thread about tomix sept release i had to edit it 3 times as when i would open the thread to read it it was just an empty box.

eventually after 3 edits it worked.

i do have a feeling this thing is on a collision course with a shinkansen.

ShinCanadaSen

Preview just hung for me when I was posting this afternoon. I clicked "preview" and nothing happened. Firefox status bar indicated that it was processing/ waiting but after about a minute I just hit post and the message posted right away.

Kai

I just had a thought: the preview problem started after I upgraded to Firefox 4 (from 3).  Is anyone experiencing this problem who isn't using FF4?

Martijn Meerts

Hmmm.. I don't seem to have a problem with preview, but I haven't been able to quote anyone for a while.. And that's not a browser issue since I've tried Safari, Firefox, Camino on OS X, Safari and IE9 on Windows7 and even Safari Mobile on the iPad.. None of them work :)

Good thing we're (slowly) working on migrating to a new forum system :)

Keitaro,

There is another technical term .... but I'd get into trouble for using it here !!!

BTW, not working for me either on IE8.

Cheers

The_Ghan

CaptOblivious

OK, wow. That's pretty bad, if it isn't working in IE8.

Grr.

Would those suffering issues be willing to wait a couple of months until we can migrate to a new platform?

Martijn Meerts

I do wonder what caused it though, because we haven't changed anything recently..

Would those suffering issues be willing to wait a couple of months until we can migrate to a new platform?

If I had to, but it's REALLY inconvienient when writing a long post not to be able to review it with preview.  I catch a lot of typos (and I make a lot of typos) that I wouldn't otherwise quote.

On a long post, I'll typically preview it a half-dozen or more times.