Multilevel Parking Structure

yes, wondering if either the apt bldg or the parking structure will be exported outside japan. im sure they would be a big hit in north america! price is reasonable if brought over in a container full for more reasonable shipping (but still would be a bit as the apt building is not light weight!)

cheers

jeff

Mudkip Orange
im sure they would be a big hit in north america!
I can't imagine any scenario where they *wouldn't* be a big hit; this sort of medium-sized garage is a staple of every modern light rail and commuter rail system in the US.

Damn you, Aoshima.

Reserved.

Be prepared there will be more.  Shizouka is coming!!!!    :grin  :grin  :grin

I'm honestly not sure to be excited or dismayed. I"m early enough in my layout planning that I can incorporate just about anything that comes along. Unfortunately for me wallet :(

glad it doesn't fit my layout for my wallet needs some time to recover.

I hope it stays in good supply for the future though not like the tomytec and Kato buildings which make you jump between 3 online retailers to get all the ones you want.

well they seem to be rolling these new structures at one per year (but a sample size of 2 though!).

bummer is that Aoshima is the owner of HobbyWorld and they recently lost their manager for overseas ordering, so may be tough to get them to export till replaced. but they do export a lot of their non train models outside japan, so perhaps it can make it through one of those channels, but those may not be the shops as interested in train stuff. the packaging is not in english (except N scale), but the instructions do have english.

would also take someone like mb kleins to do a big enough order to get them freghted over cheaply. At least HS will have them for individuals to order, but i fear many of the North American modelers will not be comfortable ordering from overseas no matter how much you tell them its save, simple, and reliable.

shipping on the apartment buildings were 2080 SAL

cheers

jeff

I hope it stays in good supply for the future though not like the tomytec and Kato buildings which make you jump between 3 online retailers to get all the ones you want.

Actually tomytec has stabilized a lot to keeping most items in stock these days. most all the buildings (other than the sets) and the visual scene collections are in stock at HS and most things that are OOS seem to pop back up later or pop back up as a re-release with slightly different colors. vehicles seem to be the only thing to sell out at some point, but they have the secondary collector market, so i think tomytec wants the sets to sell out like that. they now have the smaller vehicle sets they seem to be keeping in stock for the train purposes.

Aoshima seems to keep things in stock. all their items (started mr stuff in 2009) have stayed in stock. they are a big model company so i expect they work by trying to keep things in stock.

funny 2009 was the apt building, then 2010 was small things like the forklifts and containers, now the parking structures in 2011. wonder if they are testing the waters for what sells best for them. containers were odd as there is a lot of competition there, but simple to produce.

cheers

jeff

the 2080 yen shipping was for the 2 building set and HW shipping which tended to be a tad less than HS. im guessing about $15 for this garage. its about the same height as the apt building but looks to be at least 2x the footprint area maybe a little less on the walls.

i just broke down and preordered one.

cheers

jeff

the 2080 yen shipping was for the 2 building set and HW shipping which tended to be a tad less than HS. im guessing about $15 for this garage. its about the same height as the apt building but looks to be at least 2x the footprint area maybe a little less on the walls.

i just broke down and preordered one.

cheers

jeff

You managed to get it SAL from HW? Nuts. I've got a 2 building set in a box here, and I had to fork out for EMS shipping on it - very painful. I hope the car park isn't that way.

Anyone notice that the prototype pictures make the car park look like it's been done on a 3D printer? Lots of lines and layers...

it was getting close to the weight where EMS becomes cheaper than SAL (at 2kg). HW boxes/packing tended to be lighter and SAL costs always seemed a bit better than HS. i had pre ordered 2 of those double kits and the EMS charge for shipping the two together was huge! they were nice and split it into two SAL orders which was more reasonable.

cheers

jeff

nothing up on hs yet.

judging from the picture (ramps and entrances) i would estimate each of the 6 sections at 1.25" - 1.5" wide so the whole thing should be like 7.5" - 9" square for the whole thing.

cheers

jeff

it's Size 213 mm × 226 mm × 141 mm (h)  

Entrance gate ●, ticketing machines, fare adjustment machine, fire extinguisher, a rooftop outdoor lights, signs, with realistic displays and signage of any kind. As can be constructed out of the car and after ● L-shaped bar attached. ● Product assembly kit form has been painted. vehicles not included ※

just got an email from HS that release of the parking structure has been changed to late July. odd as i thought that was when it was due out!

jeff

ooooh interesting! actually quite easy to scratch build if you were to replace all those rails with a small cement wall.

cheers

jeff

Aoshima has announced a multilevel parking structure for May release.

10144581a.jpg

That will keep somebody very busy!!  Oh, and it needs lots and lots of cars.   :cheesy

I just got this on reserve, so I wil lhave fun building it when it is finally shipped out and delivered. I have issues of Aoshima as a mecha modeller but I will see how well they go with this kit.

Guest Closed Account 1

Question is:

Do we buy the really cheap cars to fill the floors or do we use little mirrors to create the effect that there are more cars there to fill the emptiness making it a safe place to park and walk home from pub crawling?

Hmmm.

this is what the chinese architectural cars are great for as you see so little of them in a structure like this!

jeff

I just got this on reserve, so I wil lhave fun building it when it is finally shipped out and delivered. I have issues of Aoshima as a mecha modeller but I will see how well they go with this kit.

Linkey,

i think you will like it. the aoshima apartment building is pretty nice. only thing is the cast a bit heavy on the details, but that means they will be a bit more sturdy!

cheers

jeff