Multilevel Parking Structure

This kind of structures seems unusual for Japan.

Here in Nagoya, all the big shopping centers (Aeon, Apita, Yoshizuya, etc.) have parkades like this. Other big-box stores as well.

Admittedly, in commercial districts, parking towers that store cars in conveyer-belt systems are more common.

Never ment that it doesn't exist.

But if someone asks what a car park is like in Japan the fist thing that will come to your mind is that they basically park their cars in a building that mixes a ferris wheel with an elevator!  :grin

I was wondering when one of these would be made...

I think its also that these type structures in japan many times dont have openings along the edges or they are very small or are covered by signs. i noticed a number of these kinds of parking structures in japanese cities when flying over them with google satellite while looking at roads.

have always been planning on making some of these as they are pretty straight forward to scratch build, but this one is really quite nice.

these are what the chinese architectural cars are great for as you can populate them pretty cheap and you really dont get an up close look at them.

cheers

jeff

Damn I want.. I am going cite this forum in my future divorce papers.

me too  :laugh:

this site really does need a disclaimer covering it self from being responsible for causing divorces  :grin

these are what the chinese architectural cars are great for as you can populate them pretty cheap and you really dont get an up close look at them.

LOL Just read the bit about it holding 180 cars... That would be an expensive parkade to fill with Tomytec cars!!

LOL Just read the bit about it holding 180 cars... That would be an expensive parkade to fill with Tomytec cars!!

looks a bit silly completely filled though but yeah $14  x 40 packs of 4 = bankrupt

This is an example of how to screw up my ideas for my next tram layout. :laugh:

180 cars plus ones with working headlights on the ramps- that equals a couple of trams. ???

the architectural cars are perfect for this project! doable for under $20 in cars! rip a few apart and repaint to get a few more colors if you want. sprinkle in a few tomytec cars on the front gate and the roof area (hint roof level is the last to usually be filled so dont need to do it all the way!)

cheers

jeff

one thing i forgot to mention, is watch the weight on this sucker. the other aoshima apt buildings were very close to 2kg sal limit and near the ems is cheaper price weights!

jeff

Whoohoo!  I doubt there's anywhere I can fit it right now on my layout, but this is something that's a 'must have'!  Cool idea by Aoshima...the universality of this structure has got to be a cash cow in the making for them.

Whoohoo!  I doubt there's anywhere I can fit it right now on my layout, but this is something that's a 'must have'!  Cool idea by Aoshima...the universality of this structure has got to be a cash cow in the making for them.

Why is it that after you finish designing and building your layout, something like this comes out?  :grin

Aoshima seems to be doing their homework on larger buildings that no one else is close to. nice to have an alternative like these! it is funny they are on the larger size, but then again there is not a lot out there on the larger size for japanese structures. the japanese modeling market does seem to like the larger buildings as evidenced by the custom offerings on yahoo auctions japan.

hope they keep these coming!

cheers,

jeff

it is funny they are on the larger size, but then again there is not a lot out there on the larger size for japanese structures.

Not a lot in North America either and that building looks very generic.