Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Interesting -- Amazon.co.jp contacted me and said my pre-orders for re-run of 10-1413 and 10-1414 were cancelled.

"Dear Customer: When we contacted our supplier we learned that the above item is no longer available. This unavailable item has been cancelled from your order. We apologize for this inconvenience."

I wonder if it is just a problem with Amazon or have these been cancelled or postponed?

22 minutes ago, katoftw said:

I'd contact them, they still have them on their website to pre-order.

From their marketplace sellers -- not them directly.  I already checked.  Most of their marketplace sellers won't ship to the US or if they do (through Amazon) at exorbitant shipping rates.  I'll have to check all the other places.  

Edited by chadbag

Probably because they're not allowed to sell them outside of Japan, as Noch is the international distributor for those Swiss sets.

8 hours ago, Suica said:

Probably because they're not allowed to sell them outside of Japan, as Noch is the international distributor for those Swiss sets.

Could be, but they have other KATO Swiss sets available and shipping...   I found it at a similar price at one of the other normal suspects...

ETA:  Amazon is not showing it as available (from Amazon) at all, for Japan or anywhere.   If a product is available in Japan only, it is listed and they put up a message when you try and put a delivery address outside of Japan saying that it is not allowed to that delivery address.  (New train products tend to have that happen for a week or two until the product has been reviewed and approved for export).

Edited by chadbag
Welshbloke

Beginning to think the EW1 sets should just become regular production items, like the starter sets. They fly off the shelves on pre-order and don't hang around for long in stock!

Another run of the stand alone Allegra would probably sell out fast too, the last batch is now attracting silly pricing. That said, the Bernina Express version doesn't seem to have sold out anything like as quickly.

Another month without much for me, unless kato adds anything to November.  Is that another new C62 variant or just a suggestion that the cars would go well with a previous C62 release?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Another month without much for me, unless kato adds anything to November.  Is that another new C62 variant or just a suggestion that the cars would go well with a previous C62 release?

It's the announcement of a future release of the C62 Joban Line variant.

I hope they'll be releasing some spares for the EH500 series.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, railsquid said:

It's the announcement of a future release of the C62 Joban Line variant.

Thanks!  I wonder how the Joban Line versions will differ from the previously released models. 

2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Hmm, only one more month for Kato to announce the ICE-4 before it's officially declared late.

Or they put the plans on ice.

I'll get my coat...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Quite a safe month for me... unless of course I decided to get that Twilight Express finally... 

That E127 in Niigata colour is interesting though... 

Interesting Sound card case!

lighthouse

Now it is funny, what do I collect after I bought the Twilight Express? Hope then on reprints of diesel locomotives on Hokkaido🤣

Edited by lighthouse
scotspensioner

I'm laughing at Today's notice because I bought the Takis a couple of years ago but came on a Twilight Express just a few weeks ago and it's now here!

I've a list of this year's reissues but I've bought them all from previous releases!!

Das Steinkopf

Good to see that my wallet gets a break this month, I already have a previous release 10-1167 Taki 1000 set and with a fleet of 15 Kato and 17 Tomix Taki 1000's I am not in the market for anymore, add to that the 9 Taki 43000's I have on preorder I will probably have more than enough to model an oil terminal.

I already have to Tomix set of the JOT green and gray cars so I think I'm good for those, the E-127 Niigata color (even though I like the 115-1000s better) and ET-127 will probably be purchases for me, I have the MA ET-127 but another pair so I can run a 4 unit car train would be nice. 

aaarrrgghhh…. I just pre-ordered that Kato Twilight Express.... and I blame @scotspensioner  for it ~  😛

It's just too beautiful to resist... Unless of course the Twilight Mizukaze decides to finally make an appearance... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2