Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Consider the large jumps in prices recently for all model manufacturers, this one still had a reasonably good price.  You could get it for 7000ish yen depending on the retailer.

• Like 1

Very tempting, but I am waiting for KATO to make the Resort Shirikami (the green one, not the blue one). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resort_Shirakami#/media/File:Resort-shirakami-Buna_2nd_in_Akita_20160716b.jpg

AAhhh the Buna set ~ I think is a matter of time before this gets released, and hopefully Kato too! I'm waiting patiently for the Asunaro to be done too... then it will be great joyful train fun to run them together!

Original Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNnOdf565U  by  鉄道だっちゃ! It's railway!/caruze67

• Like 2

Which Kato light set looks best in HB-E300s? Since they have nicely tinted windows I want to show them off but think the normal LED might be a bit much. 

Das Steinkopf

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2017_12b.jpg

nothing for me... but that 283 Ozara is really attractive... but it's Hokkaido... What's with the E233-6000? Is it a new release? It seems that this release is the release without the side logo?

Looks like there is nothing really for me other than the Taki 1000's, mind you I am not in a real hurry as I have been stocking up on the new Tomix versions which I think are better than the Kato ones. I am kind of thankful there isn't anything there for me as I have a ton of pre orders for other stuff which is not going to be cheap, so dodging a bullet here or there does make a difference especially if the wife sees how much I have been spending. Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

I've been eyeing the DD16 and plow set for a while now, so I'll probably pick up one of those. Nothing else too exciting, but wasn't Kato supposed to release a updated C57 model this year? Wonder what happened with that.

E001, DF200 and Series 283, it will be a very expensive winter...

Edited by lighthouse

At some point, I should get a Yokoyama line E233... Not so much because I like that train, but because it's a good train on a boring line I use from time to time.

Nothing exciting for me.  Bridge peir extensions up to 110mm are interesting, and R481 curved bridges.  Much easier radius to work with.

Looks like there is nothing really for me other than the Taki 1000's, mind you I am not in a real hurry as I have been stocking up on the new Tomix versions which I think are better than the Kato ones.

Not that they've ever done it but I'm surprised Kato didn't give you some way to change the numbers on these, that was big selling point of the Tomix ones for me (plus the nifty case you get).

Probably with the price, and the train having power couplers, for people that do not mind the interior. When I look at these KATO pictures, I am also wondering, how will the KATO interior lighting fit in the carriages as the roofs are so different from other KATO carriages?

From the cad drawings and description text, it looks like the set will come with lights installed and have custom light routers for each car type.

1 minute ago, kvp said:

From the cad drawings and description text, it looks like the set will come with lights installed and have custom light routers for each car type.

Are you sure? The Shiki-Shima description on 1999.co.jp says that it will only come with table lights (and a fireplace light?), but that the other cars need optional interior lights. 

"- Head / Tail light on. All interior lights are already equipped with light guide plates. All vehicles can be turned on by incorporating an optional interior light unit."

4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Are you sure? The Shiki-Shima description on 1999.co.jp says that it will only come with table lights (and a fireplace light?), but that the other cars need optional interior lights. 

"- Head / Tail light on. All interior lights are already equipped with light guide plates. All vehicles can be turned on by incorporating an optional interior light unit."

This probably means the light guides are installed (they are also visible on the cad drawings) and you only need to insert the led unit without the light guide.

Gordon Werner

KATO is re-releasing their Eizan 900 series trains w/the Keihan Eizan Railway logo on them according to this:

(bottom right corner)

according to NGI ... 

■ Eizan Electric railway 900 system <Kirara>
● 10-1471 Kirara (Maple Red) 8,200 yen + tax
● 10-1472 Kirara (maple orange) yen + tax 8,200
light bulb color LED the headlights. 
Keihan group symbol mark printed. 
- change the seat color to the current specification. 
And new set the supplied seal. 
Eizan Electric Railway Co., Ltd. in the commercialization license application

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_1a.pdf

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_1b.pdf

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 1
Gordon Werner
6 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Oooh, TGV Réseau - that better be a 10 car set at that price.

■ TGV Réseau (Resolution)
● 10-1431 10-Car Set 30,000 yen + tax
is also served by general purpose type TGV to Italy
· M1 · M2 (locomotive) a new production
-bulb color LED
-top unit connecting with a mechanism, of the 20-car train reproducible also possible
SNCF (R) Et TGV (R) Are Registered Trademarks Of SNCF.
TGV (R) Is The Property Of SNCF.All Rights Reserved.