Darren Jeffries

Kato - New Releases

katoftw

Only new info is the price. Release date still missing.

Kiha66
3 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Only new info is the price. Release date still missing.

The month is given as November.  Kato doesn't give a specific release day for their models till much closer to the actual release.

• Like 2

katoftw

That is what I meant. I failed to see the month noted on the poster. I must look better next time.

• Like 2

VJM

There we go.  Full price is JPY36,000, without lights.

Yavianice
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, VJM said:

There we go.  Full price is JPY36,000, without lights.

Hobbysearch: TOMIX 40800 yen, KATO 30600 yen, 10200 yen difference, KATO lights 3600 yen, *2, /12, *10, = 6000 yen, real difference 4200 yen.

AmiAmi: TOMIX 36200 yen, KATO 27580 yen, 8620 yen difference, KATO lights 2740 yen, *2, /12, *10, = 4567 yen, real difference 4053 yen.

So you are paying 4200 / 4053 yen extra for having the electric coupler, fancy engine, and not having to open the train to install the lights and (presumably) less flickering due to loose contacts, when purchasing the TOMIX version.

Edited by Yavianice
rephrased the last sentence for clarity.
  • Like 1

EdF
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Hobbysearch: TOMIX 40800 yen, KATO 30600 yen, 10200 yen difference, KATO lights 3600 yen, *2, /12, *10, = 6000 yen, real difference 4200 yen.

AmiAmi: TOMIX 36200 yen, KATO 27580 yen, 8620 yen difference, KATO lights 2740 yen, *2, /12, *10, = 4567 yen, real difference 4053 yen.

So you are paying 4200 / 4053 yen extra for having the electric coupler, fancy engine, and not having to open the train to install the lights and (presumably) less flickering due to loose contacts, when purchasing the TOMIX version.

The other difference is the DCC easy of installation on the Kato.  And the electro coupler is not always a positive if you have auto-reversing blocks.

What makes the Tomix engine 'fancy'?

Edited by EdF
  • Like 1

Yavianice
12 minutes ago, EdF said:

What makes the Tomix engine 'fancy'?

That's the big question. TOMIX says it's all new and somehow special for slow running. I don't have any further details as I do not own the TOMIX Shiki-Shima which also has this fancy engine.

P.S. Oh yes I forgot DCC compatibility.

chadbag

So the KATO 10-1570 Twighlight Express Mizukaze is showing up for pre-order now (MTP+, Amazon JP, HS, AmiAmi, etc).

• Like 1

katoftw

MTP and AmiAmi I thought were very quick to list these when I first noticed them last week. Normally they are 3-5 days slower than HS.  I guess every seller didn't wanna be left behind.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

nartak

KATO new product information in English as usual.

NewModelInformaiton2019.5_page-0001.jpg

NewModelInformaiton2019.5_page-0002.jpg

NewModelInformaiton2019.5_page-0003.jpg

NewModelInformaiton2019.5_page-0004.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2