Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Woooo!  Can't wait to get one if they are indeed doing the Twilight Express Mizukaze.  Also looks like the GE 4/4 might getting a second production?  If so I have a friend who'll be very happy to hear that.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:06 PM, JR 500系 said:

... the Seven Stars... It's really one of the sets that I will keep and treasure for a long time! 

Are you sure?  You don't have the best track record 😉  

😂🤣😉

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, chadbag said:

Are you sure?  You don't have the best track record 😉  

Well some sets DO stay with me for a long time ~~ 

So excited about the Shikoku 2000 series, the E653 Shirayuki colour and the Mizukaze! It's another death battle against Tomix! Let's see how they compare with each other! 

That will mean you can probably see MA models of the Shirayuki and Shikoku 2000 up on Yahoo Auctions pretty soon ~

13 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Anyone here fluent in Japanese or even better, owns a new KATO catalogue to confirm these announcements?

Ive taken a few photos of the relevant pages which I’ll send you in a PM - see what you think.

Cheers,

Mark.

The 12 series car in HO are a re-issue. Which is great news, I want need some more of these lovely models.

Thanks,

Mark.

• Haha 1

Darn, now I feel very silly paying so much for that suha 32 set a year ago, the prices have been insane up until this announcement. 

I’m a sucker for blue trains, especially as I live in Kyushu. Nice to see Shikoku getting some Kato representation finally, not that any of these are of much interest to me.

The Chuo Suha 32 set is nice but I found it more difficult finding enough Oha 35s in brown to complete a full formation.

The HO 12系 coaches seem to still be in most local hobby shops here. I’m hoping they’ll do another run of the 24系 JNR coaches or 20系 instead.

Edited by Kamome
On 12/28/2018 at 1:52 PM, JR 500系 said:

Nice! Why not release a N2000 or an Anpanman livery while they are at it?  😛

I am a bit disappointed that even though they will release three different sets, there is no N2000 included. I really want an affordable N2000 series model...

On 12/27/2018 at 9:26 PM, Kiha66 said:

Darn, now I feel very silly paying so much for that suha 32 set a year ago, the prices have been insane up until this announcement. 

But, sometimes you just gotta have it.

• Haha 1
On 12/20/2018 at 8:19 AM, marknewton said:

Ive taken a few photos of the relevant pages which I’ll send you in a PM - see what you think.

Cheers,

Mark.

Anything in there hint at an updated or new overhead station?

11 hours ago, ecfitzgerald said:

Anything in there hint at an updated or new overhead station?

Not that I’ve seen but there was supposed to be an updated rural station last year.

Anyone know if there's any significance to the locos that Kato put on the front page of their catalog? I'm talking about ones at the top. See below. I hope these are 2019 reruns. I'm a little tempted by the Nagomi - Mainly because it's a "Emperor's Train", and I hear it's a very strong runner. I'm on the fence about how it looks.

OOW33aA.jpg

• Like 1

I hope so too, I sold my Sunrise express and have since come to regret it.  I also could be tempted by a 787 and the royal train as well if they return in the coming year.  

49 minutes ago, katoftw said:

My understanding is there is a 4 car 787 upcoming in 2019 in the Kato catalog. Someone with the catalog may be able to confirm.

That's right. It's listed as a "planned product". It doesn't say how many cars there are.

I'll thumb through the catalog a bit later and list all the "planned products".

Edited by gavino200
  • Thanks 2