JNS Forum

36 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Oh dear.  Now I have both Twilight Express and Seven Stars in the same month.  When the wife sees that transaction on the credit card bill, I'll be sleeping in the car for a week.

Better than the dog house.

Posted (edited)

For the suckers on the forum, the E231-500 Rilakkuma 10-1533 is available for pre-order

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07G5JVC4S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/products/pre-order-kato-10-1533-series-e321-500-yamanote-line-rilakkuma-goyururi-go-11-car-set

updated:  AmiAmi https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=RAIL-25607  (Thanks to Sammy!)

I did not see it on HS  yet.

Edited by chadbag
add AmiAmi

2 hours ago, chadbag said:

I did not see it on HS or AmiAmi yet.

Ami has it

Didn't see it on HS though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Ami has it

Didn't see it on HS though 

Thanks!!   -- when I search on Chrome it finds it but in my other browser the search does not find it.  I'll try clearing my cookies again.

May only be available at the KATO Shop but it seems they have run anothe set of EVA 500 Shinkansen and have fixed some prototype issues seems lights are also pre-installed or something)

Edited by chadbag

12 minutes ago, chadbag said:

May only be available at the KATO Shop but it seems they have run anothe set of EVA 500 Shinkansen and have fixed some prototype issues seems lights are also pre-installed or something)

Yeah, that's a different pantograph than the original. The orinal is a little stubby thing that sticks almost straight up. I always wondered about that. It doesn't look quite right. I never noticed the second car direction issue. About the first car light issue, I'm not certain because I put TORMs in it and they're very bright. But the 'purpled-out' windows need to be back painted for lightproofing, otherwise they glow a bit. I think that's what they're talking about.

These are all nice improvements, but not enough to want to buy a new train if you already have it. That does seem a little bit spensive btw.

Edited by gavino200

Yikes! One really has to be a hardcore Kato fan to buy this (still absolutely wrong model) over the Tomix version. 

3 minutes ago, Suica said:

Yikes! One really has to be a hardcore Kato fan to buy this (still absolutely wrong model) over the Tomix version. 

I have it and I love it. It may be the best running Kato model that I have. But the main reason why I bought it over the Tomix was the (completely wrong) assumption that it would be a 'drop-in' decoder installation. The Kitty will be my first experience with DCC converting a Tomix Shinkansen. Fingers crossed.