Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

It only looks good when you're too far away to see the ugly. 🙂

All the best, 

Mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
37 minutes ago, kvp said:

On the other hand, if you look at it from a distance, a larger distance, then it looks ok in it's native scenery:

I hear, if you look at it from space, it’s downright beautiful.

Edited by gavino200
  • Haha 3
serotta1972

I think Mark is just bitter that it’s not being released in HO, once it is he’ll change his tune. 😀

Edited by serotta1972
  • Haha 4
21 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I think Mark is just bitter that it’s not being released in HO, once it is he’ll change his tune. 😀

Yeah, no. Too modern for starters. And in HO it would be even more unattractive, as the ugly would be to a larger scale, thus more visible...😂

All the best,

Mark.

• Haha 2
53 minutes ago, nah00 said:

To what god do I need to offer up a sacrifice to get one of these?!

What is it? I can't google translate it. Are they selling the end koki car with lights by itself? Separate from the 10 car set? That would be great. I had to by the set just to get that sucker. I now have a ridiculously long KoKi train.

3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

What is it? I can't google translate it. Are they selling the end koki car with lights by itself? Separate from the 10 car set? That would be great. I had to by the set just to get that sucker. I now have a ridiculously long KoKi train.

Take a good look at the containers.

Just now, Suica said:

Take a good look at the containers.

Oh yeah. Nice. But not worth making sacrifices to Moloch for. The end car with the lights on the other hand....

7 hours ago, nah00 said:

As it seems to be a very limited item, the god of Yahoo Auction merchants, I would guess. And your wallet probably.

8 hours ago, nah00 said:

You'll need to go to the Model Railway Contest 2018 this weekend.

Das Steinkopf

Decembers poster is now up with a mixed bag of offerings, I may go for the Koki 107 2 car set despite the fact that I already having 10 of the Kato versions and 12 Tomix versions.

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_12a.jpg

Also January is looking very dangerous with the release of a Yamanote 231-500 Series in Rilakkuma wrapping, my wife loves Rilakkuma and give I just ordered a Seibu 30000 Series in Gudetama wrapping for her I could see her falling for this one. The way it looks I might have to build a layout based on Shin Okubo given the Seibu Shinjuku Line runs parallel with the Yamanote line.

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_12b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Wow, how disappointing.  I was really hoping for all the cool stuff that they showed in the catalog but I guess thats just not going to be produced, or at least not anytime this year.  

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Also January is looking very dangerous with the release of a Yamanote 231-500 Series in Rilakkuma wrapping, my wife loves Rilakkuma and give I just ordered a Seibu 30000 Series in Gudetama wrapping for her I could see her falling for this one. The way it looks I might have to build a layout based on Shin Okubo given the Seibu Shinjuku Line runs parallel with the Yamanote line.

My daughter has the Sumikko Gurashi Yamanote line from KATO and I too ordered her for Christmas this year the Gudetama (Seibu) as you did.  I see this one coming as well for her...    Sigh.  Hard to have such excuses...

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
JR 500ç³»

Decembers poster is now up with a mixed bag of offerings, I may go for the Koki 107 2 car set despite the fact that I already having 10 of the Kato versions and 12 Tomix versions.

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_12a.jpg

Yeah it's good news probably, judging from what Tomix has offered up this December... But then again, that Tokyu is looking sexy attractive, although I'm not supposed to have any other private railway trains... but that Yokohama colouring... sexy. MA did that livery once for a hand and a leg now. 

4 minutes ago, chadbag said:

My daughter has the Sumikko Gurashi Yamonote line from KATO and I too ordered her for Christmas this year the Gudetama (Seibu) as you did.  I see this one coming as well for her...    Sigh.  Hard to have such excuses...

Yeah what are you guys complaining about man!  🙂 You now have the support of your SO and loved ones which means they themselves also know that trains are addictive, and will understand your situation when you cant resist and go ahead to order.... 

Besides, while the trains technically 'belong' to them, I am thinking it still has to run on your layout!  😛 Unless of course they are a separate layout to run them on and does not allow you to view them... so technically it's still a win/win situation I feel!  🙂

Back to the Rillakuma, this seems to be the second edition, the first being the green one with the Rillakuma painting on it, and comes in a 11 car full set or a 3-car special set... 

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Just checked my stock list and realised that I already have the 10-1433 Koki 107 2 car set, looks like it will be just the missus that is getting a train in January 😂😂😂 .

11 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I have the Rilakkuma wrapping for Yamonote Line 10-1227. I wonder what is the difference.

How come there is no Hello Kitty 500 Shinkansen...

Edited by changkh
1 hour ago, changkh said:

I have the Rilakkuma wrapping for Yamonote Line 10-1227. I wonder what is the difference.

How come there is no Hello Kitty 500 Shinkansen...

Looking at it, the 10-1227 is obviously an older style green livery on Yamanote line.   So from an older RIlakumma promotion that must have run on the Yamanote line some time ago.   Is or was RIlakumma newly on the Yamanote line?  They tend to mirror the real life implementations of these liveries.

Going back and forth on the C62, I ordered the coaches but have a DD-51 to pull them but this might look better (if only a little out of era).

Fenway Park

Not the greatest end to 2018 for my era and location. The nearest I can get is that the new C62 ran on the Kure Line. 

Tomis proposed new releases for 2018/9 are no better..

Must start the layout project..

Malcolm

4 hours ago, Fenway Park said:

Not the greatest end to 2018 for my era and location. The nearest I can get is that the new C62 ran on the Kure Line. 

This C62 release is a new model that is actually for the Joban line.  If you are interested in a C62 for the Kure line I do have an extra one that is almost brand new, let me know.

13 hours ago, chadbag said:

Looking at it, the 10-1227 is obviously an older style green livery on Yamanote line.   So from an older RIlakumma promotion that must have run on the Yamanote line some time ago.   Is or was RIlakumma newly on the Yamanote line?  They tend to mirror the real life implementations of these liveries.

According to the poster, it's running from August 1 - August 15th.

Takahama Trainwatcher
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

Also January is looking very dangerous with the release of a Yamanote 231-500 Series in Rilakkuma wrapping, my wife loves Rilakkuma and give I just ordered a Seibu 30000 Series in Gudetama wrapping for her I could see her falling for this one.

Oh dear. Just when I thought I could cease my involuntary acquisition of Yamanote E231-500 variants. (I have drawn the line and will not get the E235.)

10-1227 is actually news to me. Expensive to get now. Somehow its release (2014 as far as I can tell) eluded my attention.