Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

11 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Beautifull train sammy

i had a bit of a session last night and ran mine

aahhhh more poison... Oh well, guess I will be joining you guys in November!  

The more I look at your yard, the more I like it... Sweet mate! What's that train being pulled by the DE10 on the viaduct, opposite the E259 N'EX? 

I had six Tomix coaches with nothing to pull them so it’s just a. Made up one buddy,I used that one because it’s more or less the same colour👍😂😀

scotspensioner
3 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Beautifull train sammy

i had a bit of a session last night and ran mine

I had mine running yesterday as well!!!I  Scotspensioner(Alex)!

Edited by scotspensioner
  • Like 1
scotspensioner

Sammy .

There's an amusing story here.Early on I bought a 10-1177 Gold Band Asakaze to run with an EF510.Last year Hattons came up with a Hokutusei so that came here .It was followed a few months later by a damaged Cassiopeia which I use with a Cruise train pack to cover the two damaged end coaches.So I thought that's that.A couple of months ago I Spotted a Twilight Express EF81 on eBay locally but it got away.

The week after my 70th birthday Hattons completed the trio with a mint Twilight Express to which I was able to acquire another EF81!

So if you look at Pages 132/3 of the 2015 Kato catalogue ,the only thing I'm missing is the Asakaze add on set which I'm happy to leave!

I think someone wanted me to get into this!!!

Alex

Edited by scotspensioner
Addon
11 minutes ago, scotspensioner said:

Sammy .

There's an amusing story here.Early on I bought a 10-1177 Gold Band Asakaze to run with an EF510.Last year Hattons came up with a Hokutusei so that came here .It was followed a few months later by a damaged Cassiopeia which I use with a Cruise train pack to cover the two damaged end coaches.So I thought that's that.A couple of months ago I Spotted a Twilight Express EF81 on eBay locally but it got away.

The week after my 70th birthday Hattons completed the trio with a mint Twilight Express to which I was able to acquire another EF81!

So if you look at Pages 132/3 of the 2015 Kato catalogue ,the only thing I'm missing is the Asakaze add on set which I'm happy to leave!

I think someone wanted me to get into this!!!

Alex

Ahah!! you are the person I'm competing with on Hattons!! lol 😛

• Haha 1
scotspensioner
9 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Ahah!! you are the person I'm competing with on Hattons!! lol 😛

I'll leave the field open to you for these three!

Seriously I'm more likely to be selling some Hornby to them next!!!!

1 minute ago, scotspensioner said:

I'll leave the field open to you for these three!

Seriously I'm more likely to be selling some Hornby to them next!!!!

I must admit after all the talk and pictures on here I'm having a hard time not Ordering the Twilight Express, but then I remember that I'm going over to Japan in around 3 months time and I'll get to look round all the amazing train shops there. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, TimWay4 said:

I must admit after all the talk and pictures on here I'm having a hard time not Ordering the Twilight Express, but then I remember that I'm going over to Japan in around 3 months time and I'll get to look round all the amazing train shops there. 

Yeah, it is hard.  I am on a self-imposed moratorium and am also having a hard time on that one...

1 minute ago, chadbag said:

Yeah, it is hard.  I am on a self-imposed moratorium and am also having a hard time on that one...

Me too. It's amazing looking. But I have a lot of purchases coming up including a Kitty, two ICEs, and a B-Shorty for the boy. Plus, honestly, I had never even heard of or seen this train until a few weeks ago. I just need to mentally set the clocks back a few weeks. 

23 hours ago, TimWay4 said:

To be honest you'll probably be able to get a much better deal on it too, maybe even find the earlier release second-hand provided it's in good shape. I may order the EF-81, the older Tomix one I have pulling mine just looks kind of sad. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:59 PM, JR 500系 said:

aaarrrgghhh…. I just pre-ordered that Kato Twilight Express...

You won’t be disappointed, Sammy. 

It’s such a nice model and one of my favourite (not so blue) blue trains.

Would be nice if Kato or Roundhouse produced EF65 1124 in TE colours just as a little update. I know Tomix produced this already.

30 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

So, when does the December poster with all the offerings get released? Fingers crossed for a Kato/Lemke ICE-4!!!!

Start of the month. So only days away.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

So, when does the December poster with all the offerings get released? Fingers crossed for a Kato/Lemke ICE-4!!!!

Yeah we are still missing the Hiroden tram and the Shikoku 2000 series and the E353... I wonder if it will all be in DEcember? That way, I am SURE to be bankrupt in December!

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

Why does the loco appear to have an old Alfa Romeo grille welded to the cab front?

Because aesthetic~

As long as it isn't as reliable as an Alfa it's fine though. 😉

11 minutes ago, marknewton said:

Ugly.

On the other hand, if you look at it from a distance, a larger distance, then it looks ok in it's native scenery:

241d2f_e7b47b23630f4a83944c95bb492c6858~

Also note the two diesel exhaust marks on the two cars behind the locomotive. Those are the diesel generator cars.

• Haha 1