Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Nothing huge for me it looks like, I'll get the EF66 pantographs as ASSY parts so I can back date the current model I have, but other wise a quiet month.  If I happen to have a lot of spare spending money I'll consider picking up the Series 43 express, but I suspect after all the releases in march I'll probably be pretty stocked up for a time.

I love the attention they've been giving the Hokuriku Area/Line recently, lots of great models coming out there. I wonder what's next, maybe the 413 series?

Great ~ Already having 2 units of the 521 series, I think I will pass on that ET122, which leaves cash for that Iseshima Liner Red formation which I am missing out on ~  🙂

• Like 1
On 12/6/2018 at 9:39 AM, nah00 said:

Hey more Echigo TOKImeki cars, take my money Kato!

Ok with the Roundhouse release now I'm POSITIVE someone at Kato looks at this board to gauge response. 

On 11/26/2018 at 4:29 AM, katoftw said:

Regards E353, Roundhouse is releasing a pack to motorize the 3 car additional set. And add the missing directional lights.

But 4200 yen for the set on HS. Plus 9350 for the 3 car set. Works out more than the 12XXX 4 car basic set. Not sure they did there sums on this?

Any history to go on if this will take the EM13 if the normal one does?

4 hours ago, bill937ca said:

At exactly 1:25 in the video, can anyone tell what instructions Kato are giving? Are they saying to apply some tape to join the light board to the diffuser?

Lovely video, which only reinforced the decision to get the Seven Stars! Only regret is why they didn't include in the lights and now we have a nerve wrecking experience to opn the shell of such an expensive train again, like what we went through for the Shikishima… 

5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

At exactly 1:25 in the video, can anyone tell what instructions Kato are giving? Are they saying to apply some tape to join the light board to the diffuser?

Ii my limited Japanese serves me well, i believe they are saying to double-check that the white strip printed on the light tube is in the correct position, i.e. facing upwards.. 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, katoftw said:

Would expect so, since it is thought to be an expensive and collector's item, like the Shikishima, so probably 2 book cases... It would look a little 'too cheap' if all the 7 cars plus the loco were to squeeze into one book case... 

7 hours ago, katoftw said:

Smallworld in Yamaguchi made a video

Kato released the set on the 15th December, but many of the locals have already gotten their sets on the 14th, as Facebook was spurting with tons of videos and photos of the Seven Stars... It's really one of the sets that I will keep and treasure for a long time! 

More hints towards new products apparently sighted in the KATO Catalogue, according to this page. Not sure how reliable this page is, but it sure sounds promising with the

- 2000 Shikoku series?

- 789-1000 Hokkaido series?

- E653 series?

- Twilight Express Mizukaze?

- Series 415, 111, 113, 115
- ET122-1000
- Kiha 110
- Series 701 Akita

among others

Seems too good to be true. But the google translate version is a bit confusing. Anyone here fluent in Japanese or even better, owns a new KATO catalogue to confirm these announcements?

Edited by Yavianice