Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Wow, that seems to be a very small release for October.  Usually there are a few more item coming out on a given month, but I can't say that the C56 is unwelcome.  I'll probably pick one up along with some oha 60 cars.  There are quite a few more products hinted at in the catalog for 2018 so it will be interesting to see how many will be fit into the last two months of the year.

The station platform looks interesting as well. It seems to have lights, at least. If I could open in in Acrobat I could Google translate, but I don't have time now for that.

With those DX platforms and HO 110s being announced.  Their isn't much left on those 2018 list from the previous pages to be announced.  Maybe E353 and Kyushu star isn't far away.

Das Steinkopf

Looks like I get to complete my contemporary Iida-sen fleet with the 313-3000 Series being released.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

With those DX platforms and HO 110s being announced.  Their isn't much left on those 2018 list from the previous pages to be announced.  Maybe E353 and Kyushu star isn't far away.

Yeah I thought so too! Means the E353, 2000 series and Kyushu 7-stars! Gotta start saving for those!

3 hours ago, Khaul said:

The station platform looks interesting as well. It seems to have lights, at least. If I could open in in Acrobat I could Google translate, but I don't have time now for that.

A separate kit (23-000) is required to light up the DX platform (DX platform lighting kit), if my limited Japanese serve me correct... 😛

What's even more interesting is 23-163, platform doors upgrading lit! It seems to be for 4-doors train cars, and come in a set for 6-car long... 

Welp,

I was afraid that was going to happen, that you can light the platforms... o well

Time to upgrade my now "old" suburban style station, if anyone is interested in purchasing mine 🙂 

Seven Stars in Kyushu leaked on the Kato Shop

It has quickly been removed from the shop again.

That price though.

• Haha 1

The "official price" on the shop for Shiki-Shima is  Yen 48,038

Street price is much less (I got it from Amazon for about half that IIRC though it was a lucky find and it is 31,xxx at Hobby Search)

So I expect the street price on this to be much less too.

Edited by chadbag
32 minutes ago, Suica said:

Seven Stars in Kyushu leaked on the Kato Shop

It has quickly been removed from the shop again.

That price though.

Interesting. If I remember correctly, someone here predicted this back in December.

4 minutes ago, Suica said:

It was a given that it's gonna get released, as it was featured in the Kato catalogue (without any details though).

Yes, I agree. A brilliant prediction!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, chadbag said:

So I expect the street price on this to be much less too.

So do I.  7 stars = 1 loco + 7 cars versus Shikishima 10 cars.  And said loco is already be manufactured, so maybe only the 7 stars loco shell being new.  Shikishima was a complete make from scratch for 10 cars.  I'd expect it to be around 30,000 yen.

D51-200 + 5x 35 series coaches are 285,000 yen. D51 is a shell rejig and the 5 coaches are brand new molds.

Edited by katoftw
Das Steinkopf
24 minutes ago, katoftw said:

36,500 yen. wowzers!  but do want...

Given that our most favoured retailers will have it for 20% discount if not more the price will go down to about ¥28,000 to ¥31,000, the online elephant in the room to worry about is the Gerry Harvey tariff when that begins to be enforced.

• Sad 1

WANT! 

Yes it's slightly more expensive that the 10 car Shikishima at 35,000; it still is a trademark train... Let's hope the details and interior is as good, if not better, than that was being done for the Shikishima! 

4 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Given that our most favoured retailers will have it for 20% discount if not more the price will go down to about ¥28,000 to ¥31,000, the online elephant in the room to worry about is the Gerry Harvey tariff when that begins to be enforced.

Hopefully since AmiAmi already charge 8% gst, that if they enforce it, then it's only be an extra 2% charged by them.

Das Steinkopf
1 minute ago, JR 500系 said:

WANT! 

Yes it's slightly more expensive that the 10 car Shikishima at 35,000; it still is a trademark train... Let's hope the details and interior is as good, if not better, than that was being done for the Shikishima! 

One thing that will be certain is that it will be a far more attractive looking train than the Shikishima.

Hobbysearch opened 7 stars kyushu pre-order for 31k

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10543233

Official KATO product website:

http://www.katomodels.com/n/sevenstars/

Seems like they will make a special website like they did for the Shiki Shima, but it seems to be not working yet

http://www.katomodels.com/sevenstars/

Edited by Yavianice
More links more joy
Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

Hobbysearch opened 7 stars kyushu pre-order for 31k

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10543233

Well there you go, looks like I was pretty much bang on with my price prediction.

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

Official KATO product website:

http://www.katomodels.com/n/sevenstars/

Interesting enough is how they have the silhouette of a DE10 at the other end of the train, I doubt they would be promoting the previous Tomix versions but they have no catalogue number allocated to it yet so hopefully they are alluding to the release of one in the Seven Stars livery in the near future.

Translation quote from HS:

[Product introduction]
- We will commercialize JR Kyushu's cruise train [Nanatsutei in Kyushu] with KATO's latest technology.
Japan's first full-fledged cruise train [Nanatsu in Kyushu] which started operation from October 15, 2013 (2013) is a tourist destination in various areas of Kyushu with the concept of 'meeting new life' It is a train that is operated by traveling around.
77 series 7000 series 7 passenger cars and DF 200 of the exclusive towing machine It is an 8-car train consisting of 700 series, and it has a calm and elegant beauty wrapped in a shiny luster.

- We will reproduce the style of the cruise train with a model without surplus.
In addition to modeling the distinctive appearance, as well as pursuit of expression in the room of the attention that can be seen from the guest room of the suite and the observation window at the end of the car, different indoor colors and stained glass patterns for each vehicle, the piano placed in the lounge also reproduced Then, we will deliver it in quality manufacturing as inferior to real cars.

[Product Features]
- Brilliant emblems and locomotive grills, golden lines and lettering sorted throughout the car body, and gloss of the polished body are recreated as actual vehicles.
- DF 200 700 series
· Headlight on. Light unit adopts bulb color LED.
· KATO knuckle coupler standard equipment.
· Modeling heavily truck circumference and roof properly.
· Expression of the cab (operation panel, chair, indoor see-through).
· Realized stable running with power unit equipped with flywheel.
- Series 77 Series 7000 Cruise Train [Nanatsutei in Kyushu] Passenger Car
· Exactly reproduce the interior of the attention that can be seen from the observation window of the suite's passenger car and car end.
· The lounge, dinning table lights are on.
· Reproduce different indoor color tones for each vehicle.
- In addition to the car end tail light, the headlight used during propulsion operation also turns on (with light switch on).
· Snap on dolly hiring.
- Coupler is equipped with a body mount chassis between the coaches, knuckle coupler on the locomotive link side.
- DCC friendly.
- Prepare a special bookcase and specially designed sleeve to make the image of the luxury cruise train image.

[set content]
- DF 200 7000
- My 77 7001
- Massif 77 7002
- Meine 77 7003
- Meine 77 7004
- Meine 77 7005
- Meine 77 7006
- Minef 77 777

[Cruise Train [Nanatsutei in Kyushu] set composition]
DF200 7000 (M) + MY 77 7001 + MASIFF 77 7002 + MAINE 77 7003 + MINE 77 7004 + MINE 77 7005 + MAINE 77 7006 + MINEF 77 777

[accessories]
- Off switch driver

Yeah seems like fully fitted interior like the Shikishima! Sweet! Now, why do they always NOT include the interior lights? It is almost for sure people will install interior lights in them to fully showcase the interior, and having to open the body of such an exclusive set (like the Shikishima) leaves one with chills....