Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Das Steinkopf
11 hours ago, nah00 said:

At least the new takis can break up some of the monotony of all green or blue. And also make my trains a bit longer. 

It looks like I am going to have to expand my fleet of Kato locomotives as my JRF fleet is predominantly Tomix models, I only have an EH200 and an EF66-100 at the moment as well as an EF200 on pre order, the bummer is I already have 2 EF65-2000's and 2 DD51-800's in my roster. Another issue that I am going to have is that by the looks of it I will probably need to build an fuel depot on a future layout, I already have 15 Kato Taki 1000's and 17 Tomix Taki 1000's so with the addition of the Taki 43000's to the my tanker fleet I am going to have to have somewhere for them all to go.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

I was wondering when a Bluetooth analog controller like this would come out! I hope it’s not uber expensive as it could be a great controller. I assume they must have a multiple throttle function.

jeff

50 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I was wondering when a Bluetooth analog controller like this would come out! I hope it’s not uber expensive as it could be a great controller. I assume they must have a multiple throttle function.

jeff

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10530450

$104.84 USD  You may also need a connection cable.  That is not too bad versus a conventional controller.

• Like 1

Planned September releases:

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_9a.jpg

http://www.katomodels.com/product/poster/files/2018_9b.jpg

I am interested in the e235 sound card. I am curious about the d51 sound card.... the basic card that comes with the sound box resembles a d51 the whistle most like 498. Wonder if this card will sound more like 200? Not sure.

Answer my own question and found more info on kato website:

● Sound card <D51> ··· "Controller synchronized type"

· Tender type steam locomotive currently active as dynamic preservation machine, D51 sound card line up.

· Realistic reproduction of not only running sound but also operating sounds of equipment, based on actual vehicle interview to JR West dynamic storage machine D51 200.

- A powerfully lively blasting sound is ringing.

· By pressing the six function buttons, sounds emitted from the work by an engineer or institutional assistant such as a whistle or caring, and from equipment will be sounded.

· Controller synchronized type cards can enjoy driving feeling that is unified with the locomotive, such as operation from acceleration to start, realistically and easily.

- Enclose a "function label" corresponding to the sound box in the package.

Edited by Ultratram
New info

Wow the Eva 500... it used to be so difficult for us to order and now it is on their online store ~

Welshbloke

The RhB Ge 4/4 II with (presumably, I recognise the Japanese for "three car set") a pair of EW1 coaches is an interesting choice. They'll have to re-run the EW1 coach packs to extend it as those sold out pretty rapidly. Definitely want one, hopefully I'll manage to bag one!

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

The RhB Ge 4/4 II with (presumably, I recognise the Japanese for "three car set") a pair of EW1 coaches is an interesting choice. They'll have to re-run the EW1 coach packs to extend it as those sold out pretty rapidly. Definitely want one, hopefully I'll manage to bag one!

AmiAmi and Hobby Search already have the 4 car Basic 10-1413 and 4 car Add On 10-1414 packs on pre order, for re release.

Welshbloke

Yep, I went off to the Hobbysearch site shortly after to see if they had any more information about the new train pack. To sum up, it's a Ge 4/4 II advertising the Hakone Tozan railway with 1st and 2nd class EWIs. The coaches will have different running numbers to those in the existing/re-released packs.

I really hope they either release it in a book case or offer one separately with foam cut to suit. The polystyrene foam and cardboard type don't stand up to repeated opening and closing anything like as well, and it'd be an excellent finishing touch for something billed as a limited edition.

Edit, MTP has opened pre-orders for the new RhB stock. Put my name down for a Ge 4/4 II pack. Just have to remember to leave space in the September train budget!

Edited by Welshbloke
More information!
Welshbloke

Yes, that's the new one to be released in or shortly after September.

Anyone know what happened to Noch's announcement that they were going to commission a green version? I remember they were advertising it around the time that Kato announced the red Ge 4/4 II. Presumably it would have been an exclusive in the same way as their advertising liveried Ge 4/4 IIIs, at about twice the price of the standard Kato version!

14 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Anyone know what happened to Noch's announcement that they were going to commission a green version? I remember they were advertising it around the time that Kato announced the red Ge 4/4 II. Presumably it would have been an exclusive in the same way as their advertising liveried Ge 4/4 IIIs, at about twice the price of the standard Kato version!

From what I remember reading some forums it is supposed to come late 2018, although that was not an official statement.

Kato THSR 700T will be released on May 30th.

Wasn't expecting these to be released so soon (were originally announced for Summer 2018). Haven't seen this news posted elsewhere, so I'll leave it here.

Edited by TSK1000
  • Like 1

Kato has been pretty consistent with their release dates... usually wont see much difference in their initial scheduled release dates... Would say the same for Tomix or GreenMax though... And MA... that's another field altogether ~ 

700T was always a may release wasnt it? Kato posters are normally 4 months out from release.

Edited by katoftw

Yup hence the question. Thanks.

I guess the got their preorder quota number they where asking for and pushed it into production.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, gavino200 said:

I'm not certain this is new info. This is from the 2018 Kato catalog. I was asking a question about the Kato/Lemke ICE4 in another thread. Densha asked if I'd post these pages here. These are screenshots of the PDFs from my scanner. 

STixmGc.png

zSxDv8k.png

bpUFy20.png

IMG_0003.pdf

Sorry to dig these up, but just wondering how accurate are these news? It would really trill me to have a Kato 2000 series, that lovely E353 and that beautiful Hiroden!

The E253 and the SL Yamaguchi has already been announced with release dates, so we can safely say the news are accurate? 

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Sorry to dig these up, but just wondering how accurate are these news? It would really trill me to have a Kato 2000 series, that lovely E353 and that beautiful Hiroden!

The E253 and the SL Yamaguchi has already been announced with release dates, so we can safely say the news are accurate? 

Most of these models have been released or announced already so I guess the others will most likely also come sooner or later. I think the E353 is pretty much going to be a given.

I hope that they will also make the JR Shikoku 2600/2700 series if they do the 2000 series. (And more Shikoku models of course 🙂 )

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, brill27mcb said:

I have not seen the 1000-series tram released yet. Has it been?

Rich K.

I think it might come in August.  Tomytec already has a version of this although it is not widely available.

12 hours ago, bill937ca said:

I think it might come in August.  Tomytec already has a version of this although it is not widely available.

They did? You mean the Picola? HS still has it in stock

Though I would love the Kato ready to run one with working head and tail lights and hopefully even interior lights! Loved their Portram because of these functions! 

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

They did? You mean the Picola? HS still has it in stock

Though I would love the Kato ready to run one with working head and tail lights and hopefully even interior lights! Loved their Portram because of these functions! 

No, a Tomytec special issue for Hiroden.  I see them on Buyee from time to time.   https://ameblo.jp/y14-tc111-819/entry-11813951290.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1