Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

11 hours ago, VJM said:

Interesting that the "NIOE within Japan" is not available on the HS English site, so they might be subject to the same licensing restrictions as last time - not for sale outside of Japan.

Having said that, other retailers might still make it available for overseas buyers.

It's available for pre-order from Nariichi at modeltrainsplus.

Apparently, KATO will also re-release the SNCB Thalys in the new paint job. I'm seeing it pop-up on European stores now. Very excited to have that.

4 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Apparently, KATO will also re-release the SNCB Thalys in the new paint job. I'm seeing it pop-up on European stores now. Very excited to have that.

I wish they'd just release the Thalys PBA... :(

On 2/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, Kiha66 said:

From the kato facebook.  The orient express looks pretty neat!

The 521 series in Ainokaze livery, didn't expect to see that made, it's a very nice one :)
I hope they will make the Ishikawa version too.

Hobby Search looks to be filtering the english content. For example. i often end up finding more products on the japanese pages than on the english ones. Even the info is reduced, which is understandable because it has to be translated, but sometimes they even put up less pictures or no pictures at all, while the japanese page has all the info and actual product pictures. They probably have a split site database and the different sites are maintained separately or even by differnt people.

Yeah they have always done that as you say.  But normally it was stuff that no one outside Japan would normally want.  That is how I found my Tomytec Kiha125 skirts for TN couplers.  But I'm sure these Orient Express stuff would be wanted outside Japan.

Edited by katoftw
Yeah they have always done that as you say.  But normally it was stuff that no one outside Japan would normally want.  That is how I found my Tomytec Kiha125 skirts for TN couplers.  But I'm sure these Orient Express stuff would be wanted outside Japan.

I don’t think there is much demand as the Orient Express has been re-released outside japan / in Europe the past 2 years; the resale price of them has crashed significantly with a saturated market. I still see them for sale in several retail stores.

Yeah good point about the coaches.  That specific D51 though hasn't seen any action in 4+ years though.  Two year ago when the coaches were release, I remember there was discussion about the D51 not going up for re-release also at the same time.

Only the bosses at HS will know.  Either way it is available for outside purchase and if HS have buyers that don't know how to delete "eng" from the webpage address, then they are missing out on potential sales, as others have it up for sale.

Edited by katoftw
31 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

I don't know what all the text says, but it's a Shonan KuMoNi 143 with an Iida KuMoYuNi 147 and a Shonan 113 Series. Clearly they wandered!

The image name itself says the picture was taken at Maibara station.

Looking around a bit, i found this:
http://shinano7gou.at.webry.info/201206/article_7.html

It says this car was reassigned after the Iida postal service ended in 1985 to the Ogaki district. This is on the Tokaido mainline, where some of the Shonan trains ran. The car was used there as a rolling stock tractor. (like a kumoya)

Das Steinkopf
8 hours ago, kvp said:

Looking around a bit, i found this:
http://shinano7gou.at.webry.info/201206/article_7.html

It says this car was reassigned after the Iida postal service ended in 1985 to the Ogaki district. This is on the Tokaido mainline, where some of the Shonan trains ran. The car was used there as a rolling stock tractor. (like a kumoya)

This seems to be a familiar fate for some of the Iidasen's motive power, ED11-2 was sent to Hamamatsu to be used as the workshops shunter when it was retired from revenue earning service and lasted there until 1976, it was then replaced by ED18-2 when it was also retired and it lasted there until 1979. Both these locomotives continued to have a shared fate with first being put into preservation in 1991 at the Sakuma Rail Park at Chubu Tenryu on the Iidasen, when that museum closed down they were both moved to the SC Maglev Park in 2011 where they both happily reside today.