My Second Tramway

keiman

May soon have a motorised Hong Kong Double deck Tram. :cool::lipssealed:

Just need to see what needs kit bashing.Will loose the lower deck detail. ???

Will shuttle up  and down on a single length of track in the background of the new town.

Double Deck Tram is now motorised - only downside no lower floor inside detail.

Couple of minor adjustments to make and will then post a couple of pics.

Very nice!

It looks like the interior is open at the windows, so you could just make seat-backs out of small bits of styrene and put in figures cut off at the waist to fill the space.

@Jeff, The motor is from the 4 wheeled Marklin Railbus (8831).

I had to modify the ends to remove the coupling pockets, OK the wheelbase is a touch too long but it works. :laugh:

@KenS , the seats are still  upstairs, but don't want to try and redo the lower deck interior . The top of the motor comes half way up the lower windows.

On another note - experiments using the steel wire I originally purchased to use with miniature Point/switch levers works fine with the Bus system and I can get down to a minimum radius of 45mm so more realistic turns into side streets and my proposed Bus/Tram station may be much more likely now.

Still some development work to do on a couple of other idea's before I start purchasing any more major bits and pieces or building the base board for the town.

Have been side tracked to work on  a basic loop with a couple of sidings using the Peco settrack starter pack for the Grandaughter(13).

yeah it looks like it should work but the wheel base is a bit longer than the prototype, but hey im not that picky! i thought for a second about the kato portram powered truck, but its just too tiny of a wheel base. other single truck mechanisms as well and expensive to boot... kind of like the 3 bears w/o the just right one...

cheers

jeff

It looks like the hong kong tram is making you guys think. :grin

I was thinking about getting rid of all my Z gauge stuff,but have points, crossovers,rolling stock, transformers etc so will be using all that stuff. Just wish there was more Japanese narrow gauge out there that could be used in N.

Looks like I may have to try and find some cheap N gauge rolling stock to convert. :cool:

Quick update.

Track planning now started on the new town.

Board for this will be 900mm x 600 mm  approx. with an extension board to link to the  existing modules.

Could end up having a MOW yard as a diorama on the extension board as well.