sloooooow

last 2 days this server is being really slow for me.

Anyone else having this issue.

Example being I opened up the ongoing shinkansen thread and it took 2 mins to load.

It loads a few commects at a time and then 10 seconds and a few more.

It does not do it on everythread everytime but lately it has been an ongoing intermittant thing and getting more often. on my work pc home pc and iphone (although i expect this on my iphone)

not sure if you can check if the server is getting a really heavy load or not but it doesn't appear to relate to a certain time of day.

Right now it's happening to me and theres only about 12 people online according to the stats on the index

I've had no problems and I'm a frequent visitor (Eastern time zone). There was something yesterday or the day before where I couldn't get the site at all for about 10 minutes - no error, just no connection. Could have been anything from the server unplugged, a delayed DNS update or a network problem on my end (I could access other sites, but I know the DNS server that computer used to resolve addresses can be dodgy)

CaptOblivious

There are some ongoing network issues that I haven't been able to resolve yet that sometimes take the webserver down for a few minutes :( might also be the source of occasional database slowness too.

why me :( was just happening before.

Maybe this is my punishment for not experiencing the time out issue when posting

Are you accessing from Japan?

I've had similar slowdowns accessing Japan-based websites.  And I heard the quake severed some of the Japan-US undersea cables, so there may be problems at peak traffic times.