Godzilla

bill937ca

I see I'm not the only person planning this for my layout.

I approve of the Mothra larva.

The biggest problem I would have would be the storage of an N-scale Godzilla.

Gary Larson who used to draw "The Far Side" comic had a very funny one on Godzilla. I can't find the original but here is a T-shirt design based on that strip.

If you can't see the sign it says, "You have to be this tall to attack the city".

post-22-13569922226269_thumb.gif

I see I'm not the only person planning this for my layout.

I approve of the Mothra larva.

That damn Mothra sits on top of the building, the wings are broken so at least once per show the Mothra and wings fall off, typically derailing three of the four running trains. This pas weekend it fell and derailed both the 700T and the 500 Shinkansen as well as a set of KIHA 40's on the local inside track.

CaptOblivious

Aaron,

After seeing the DC groups mascot, did anybody at the show ask where your layout was located? :D :D

All the time.

That's in Hong Kong, right?

:P

Standard response is you cant model a japanese city w/o godzilla stomping around!

also we usually feed goji a truck to keep him from stomping too many things part way through the show. folks love it and tell them we feed him to keep him happy.

cheers,

jeff

Goji just laughs at you all. Fats, Fats, who cares about stinking fats! I've got an atomic fire in my belly! Bring on the trans fats and then doctor for dessert!

cheers,

jeff (trying to stay on goji's good side)

Bernard,

Its ultraman! definitely not a female, morphs from a human male to ultraman! hes the guy working in the tag team with godzilla in aaron's movie post.

he was another one of the 60s tv series. ultraman is a tad more obscure than godzilla and mothra so we haven't put him out yet. hes pretty much to scale. also have baltan, his usual nemesis. someday we can do a new battle scene! we also need to do some crushed buildings at some point. we need to be careful not to get too carried away as we are a japanese train club! but hey i tell folks you cant model a japanese city without a monster stomping by! even the hard core rr guys seem to get a smirk on their face when they see godzilla!

cheers,

jeff

When Capone was a younger she'd jump up on to my HO layout, and would knock off the last car of the train and would start playing with it, unaware that the train would run a circuit. A few seconds in to terrorizing the caboose or whatever the last car of the train she would set free and play with, that the engine would circle back around and ram her in the ass. The result was a spooked out cat who'd fly off the layout, usually taking buildings, and scenery along with her. Thankfully, she's too old and lazy to bother the n-scale layout I'm building now.