Kyushu Shinkansen: one more day to launch

bikkuri bahn

Yow, I need some hi-res versions of those images.  Looks great.  I'm looking forward to as much youtube video of this as possible. :grin

Nice pics, we can really enjoy Kyushu shinkansen on those picture!

It's nice to see the light blue of the new N700.

Those 800's are getting a bit outnumbered there, pity I think they are the better looking of the two.

I just wonder why they keep making those trains white especially the roof! Look at those brand new N700, the roof is already brown-ish.

My N-scale shinkansen are really looking too clean compared to that. ^^,

bikkuri bahn

The departure ceremony for the Kyushu Shinkansen, as well as related local events, were cancelled in consideration of the events in Northern Japan.  The service did start, however.

Meanwhile, in other places, people bicker and nothing gets built (sorry, couldn't resist).

It's OK, we deserve it. Interesting that that's in the Miami paper. We lived in North Miami for 2 years (2 years too long!). It took until 2009 there just to get started on a connection from the existing MetroRail to the airport, since the taxi drivers objected.

Anyway--a very impressive display of high-speed trains there, but maybe they should have gone with a tan color scheme. :-)

Martijn Meerts

I wonder if they painted the roof of 1 of the 800 series.. It's a bit too evenly dark grey/black to be grime really.