Hobbyworld Aoshima to close online store

Hezekiah Strawbody

that is bad to see I use them all the time :(

need to rush to use my points now. although the info says for chinese customers at top

i can't beleive they are closing. I guess what let them down was limited stock compared to hs

very sad to see :(

i sent an email to them already

I hope this doesn't mean hs have less competition and start providing less discount

• Like 1

This sucks,  I just started using them and found HW prices better then HS. I guess the sales from international customers didn't justify the overhead of running an international service. Oh well, so much for 665 points... :(

this is why if things don't go well for me we might be moving to jpn if i had an intl store it would be cheap as i can speak english hah!

I never managed to buy anything from them as I found their website slow and not as well organised as HS.  Still, competition is good. 

I've started using Banzai Hobby.  They've a good range of Kato products.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I had 2145 points left, so I thought what the hell, and ordered the 35 car Wamu set. Might as well go out with a bang.

• Like 1

from what they have written they are not closing due to loss of money but more so due to a policy chage or business approach.

if this is some bussines strategy they are sorely disadvantaging themselves.

But hey maybe they aren't making enough money......

Although i'm making orders there weekly and looking through order numbers they are getting about 150 orders a week online and that doesn't include there japanese orders as thats a seperate system.

what is it with japanese companies doing opposite to what the reset of the world does.

and the japanese have consitantly for the last 5 years and more shown that there policies are a fail.

Look at hitachi for example they had to pull out of aus due to bad business policies that led to that.

Not because they were poor quality products or anything but because the way they priced stocked and marketed items.

Oh man this really sucks! while it was a pain to find things on their site, they usually had the great 26% off preorders! always a pleasure to do business with them...

i have 3388 points i need to sop up fast!

wonder what will happen with pre-orders? i still have a few with them. not clear from their post. ive emailed them. its past reservation time at hs for a couple of my modemo orders, that would suck...

cheers

jeff

Oh dangit! Such a shame they have to close down, but then again, the shop didn't seem very lively TBH.

I still had 1409 points left, so I ordered some DDF and Tomytec overhead-wire pillars and a Tomytec bus garage. That should get rid of my points.

Guest JRF-1935

Not happy about that - HW was harder to navigate, but better prices than HS.  Received notice 2 days ago my M250 8 car add on was shipped - only losing 312 pts with no pre-orders hanging,  But it still sucks!

Rich C

I havnt used hs because hw has had what I wanted and cheaper.

I guess I will need to sign up with hs as I don't like pop

Hezekiah Strawbody

They are closing because the person in charge is leaving, and even though the original indication was that another person would take her place, that now seems to not be the case.

All pre-orders will be cancelled.

angusmclean

Rainbow Ten stocks still at 20% (apart from Modemo at 10%). Some Microace 185's at 40% off   :))

Angus

Darklighter

All pre-orders will be cancelled.

Can't they wait until next month? I pre-ordered the E5...  :sad:

It's a shame, they were my favorite.

NOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!! I have some pre-orders on there!!!!!!  On a positive note, I've got 0 points (I try to use up all my points as fast as possible).

I never managed to buy anything from them as I found their website slow and not as well organised as HS.  Still, competition is good. 

I've started using Banzai Hobby.  They've a good range of Kato products.

Cheers

The_Ghan

+1 I agree still it's sad top see one less place as an outlet to purchase supplies from.

to top it off the e5 is now waiting list on hs :(

Umm I don't think you need to panic. Just like any other Shinkansen, the E5 will be very widely available, for a while.

im more worried on the modemo trams on reserve. some of these get sold out in the first day... hoping that the new hiroshima trams will be made in larger quantities as they should be really good sellers.

btw check out the closeout items list on hw, it has most of the prohobby figures and etching kits as well as a few tomytec and kawai cars at 30% off. just used up my remaining points on these.

cheers

jeff