GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

Haha yeah... on first look, it's just another BLUE train, but seriously, this BLUE has something to it that sort of appeals...

But then, I already have the sunset version, which I still feel it's a much nicer livery... so i'll just stick to that for now ~~

On 11/29/2017 at 12:16 AM, JR 500系 said:

Haha yeah... on first look, it's just another BLUE train, but seriously, this BLUE has something to it that sort of appeals...

But then, I already have the sunset version, which I still feel it's a much nicer livery... so i'll just stick to that for now ~~

Yeah I agree that the sunset version is nicer.  Maybe with the large amount of stainless steel carbodies out there, an actual painted livery, and better yet a painted livery with some kind of design or style, is really appealing.

I just got a GM catalog to take a look at their stuff. I like their buildings but I don't know their trains that well. They have a few models that I like. But I was surprised to see their full range. They seem to have skipped most of the glitziest models like Shinkansens etc. Instead they have tons and tons of different variations of suburban commuter trains. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a deliberate market strategy. Do they see their niche as providing a model of people's local train from a lot of different places, rather than trying to compete with Tomix and Kato for the better known train market?

Edited by gavino200

GreenMax and MA is mainly going to a different market than Kato and Tomix, producing a large variety of private railway trains and the more rare joyful trains... They did try to make common commuter trains but Kato and Tomix can easily win over them for their detailing and price...

But I really like the new GreenMax coreless motor... it's really smooth, and only requires a small amount of electricity to get it moving.... it also looks good from the outside, but the interior are missing from the motor chassis unlike the Kato or Tomix ones...

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

It's a pity that they are taking the lazy approach and just painting the current model of the 09-16CSM in Odakyu livery, the Odakyu versions vary from the Greenmax model in that they don't have the material wagon with control cab and instead have a cab at each end, the cabs also differ in their profile.

201210206989.jpg

https://blog-imgs-50-origin.fc2.com/p/a/n/pandaneko1/20121023-01.jpg

http://anime.geocities.jp/grysk171/railwaypageodakyu_enoshimasen_top1.html

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

It's a pity that they are taking the lazy approach and just painting the current model of the 09-16CSM in Odakyu livery, the Odakyu versions vary from the Greenmax model in that they don't have the material wagon with control cab and instead have a cab at each end, the cabs also differ in their profile.

201210206989.jpg

https://blog-imgs-50-origin.fc2.com/p/a/n/pandaneko1/20121023-01.jpg

http://anime.geocities.jp/grysk171/railwaypageodakyu_enoshimasen_top1.html
Yeah it seems weird that they keep using the same mold for 09-16 odakyu. On the link it says 09-16CSM MTT, therefore it's different than the ones that GM had made. I understood that P&T produced their machines based on customer requirements. So although the base design is from the same type such as 09-16CSM, but details would vary.. and that's what makes P&T so special. I was thinking there's no exactly the same MOW trains were ever produced by them. Haha.

Sent from my ASUS_T00Q using Tapatalk

Just now, serotta1972 said:

Oooh, they're re-releasing the Urban Liner Next - I will be springing for this one as I have ridden it. 

It's a really nice train... only complain is that the interior is TOO light colored and interior lightings make the train a nuclear plant... haha ~ Some modifications is required to correct this though

I won't have to worry about that as I am not really into interior lighting.  I've noticed that the interior lights now are really bright and very noticeable even in a well lit room so when it's darker, it does look like a nuclear reaction inside the train.  I have the older Kato Kiha 85 and also the 253 Narita Express which come with factory installed interior lighting but these are more subtle and really noticeable  only when it's darker.

• Like 2
Gordon Werner

GREENMAX for May/Juneish

Shizuoka Railway A3000 series - Green

Shizuoka Railway A3000 series - Yellow

Keihan Railway 3000 series w/new front LED displays

Mietetsu EL120 M+M

Tokyo Metro 13000 series

Tokyu 2000 series

JR Kyushu 817

• Like 1
On 1/26/2018 at 4:45 AM, katoftw said:

I really wanted a w car 817-0, but 14,000 yen means no thanks.

Greenmax seems to be really good in the 'oh cool I want that...wait nevermind' department. 

• Haha 2

My very small GreenMax fleet has been a varied set of experiences. First it was the kit for a KuMoNi 83 which turned out to have cab mouldings too wide for the body to fit together properly. Then a dummy KuMoYA 90-100 ready to run, which I was much more impressed with. It was very simple to fit the Kato Shibatas I use on my EMU fleet to one end.

The powered version is loud. Smooth but loud. I worked out why after unclipping the bogies to add some oil. The chassis has two long brass extensions pressed onto the motor shaft, intended as combined flywheels and worm drives. There are no outer bearings to hold them true, so as speed builds up so does the vibration (as they're not perfectly balanced). If they'd separated the motor from the worm drives with cardans or even rubber tube it would be a lot quieter. Despite this my only major complaint is the lack of working coupler options. You can fit Tomix body mount couplers but there are no standard Rapido mounts to use the Kato Shibatas in.

I've got the newer coreless motors... really sensitive and can run very smoothly... noise wise they sound just about the same as Tomix or Kato... But I find them a tad more sensitive than the others and often had to turn down the constant lighting feature on the controller to get them to stop stationary at the station...

GreenMax models are also getting costly... but still in better state than MA ones. They also usually do not come with attached parts and one have to attach them yourself, such as handles or antennas... They do often use the same parts as Tomix though...