GreenMax - New Releases

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 bill937ca

bill937ca
  • Members
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

It looks great, but not jumping onto another private railway bandwagon again...

Private railways are the spice of life.    :glasses1:

• katoftw likes this

#242 JR 500系

JR 500系

Part time Toei Bus Driver

• Members
  • LocationSillypore

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

What has the wife finally figured out how much rolling stock you actually have.

She actually did ~  :P  Hence the appearance of some sets for sale as I have to convince her that there is always buying and selling    :P

7090_0.gif

#243 JR 500系

JR 500系

Part time Toei Bus Driver

• Members
  • LocationSillypore

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

Private railways are the spice of life.    :glasses1:

Yap... but I think I have enough spices for life now...   ;)

• bill937ca likes this

7090_0.gif

#244 katoftw

katoftw
  • Members

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Whenever my wife gets on me about my trains.  I remind her about shoes.  She normally goes quiet for a few weeks until next months box of trains arrives.

• HantuBlauLOL, Das Steinkopf and nah00 like this

#245 medusa

medusa
  • Members
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hm, we both are collectors so no discussions about. I don't ask why she has to order one more Momoko doll and she doesn't ask why I order another Shinkansen. Works great. :)

• splifdfx likes this

"Commence Primary Ignition"

#246 nah00

nah00
  • Members
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

Whenever my wife gets on me about my trains.  I remind her about shoes.  She normally goes quiet for a few weeks until next months box of trains arrives.

Another good response is 'well I could spend the money on booze at the bar'. 

• enodenlover and splifdfx like this

9306_5.gif4310_9.gif6089_2.gif6089_5.gif6106_6.gif6089_7.gif

#247 Robert46

Robert46

JR 300系 fan

• Members
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for a repost for something that boggles me again... Here is the question before:

I have a question guys:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392860

Green Max is releasing a core-less motor, apparently useable on various models. This might get interesting as we can now motorised add-on set that do not have motors and allow them to move on their own consist... They have lengths of:

10392855b.jpg 

1) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392858   [ 5713 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (18m Class)

2) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392859  [ 5714 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (18.5m Class)

3) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392860  [ 5715 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (20m Class }

4) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392855  [ 5711 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (20m Class A)

5) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10392857  [ 5712 ] Coreless Motor Power Unit (21m Class)

Along with various bogie and under-chassis parts for them...

This is confusing, so how would we know which length of motor is workable with which type of trains? How about the corresponding bogie and under-chassis part to get? Anyone can shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

So, say if I want to add in one more motor, in particular, for my Tomix E233-0 series and my Tomix E231-1000 series (both are 10 car sets with only one motor car and they tend to suffer at climbs), which motor is compatible with this? I do know Tomix also have them, but they are all out of production...

Back on this one,

I am curious if someone had tried the experiment to use this greenmax motor to be fitted into tomytec car? if this worked well, I planned to use the greenmax motor for my tomytec 20m car.. they are toei 6000, tobu 8000 and izukyu 8000.

Not sure if the 20m greenmax motor can be used for the 20m tomytec car or should use shorter greenmax motor as my other concern is also the distance between the two bogies in the motor car of greenmax. so using the shorter motor could be looked strange.. :)

Hope to hear the share of your experience. Thanks. :)

#248 Kabutoni

Kabutoni

Creator of the imagination

• Members
  • LocationSagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

Back on this one,

I am curious if someone had tried the experiment to use this greenmax motor to be fitted into tomytec car? if this worked well, I planned to use the greenmax motor for my tomytec 20m car.. they are toei 6000, tobu 8000 and izukyu 8000.

Not sure if the 20m greenmax motor can be used for the 20m tomytec car or should use shorter greenmax motor as my other concern is also the distance between the two bogies in the motor car of greenmax. so using the shorter motor could be looked strange.. :)

Hope to hear the share of your experience. Thanks. :)

I have made a list of the dimensions of these new power units here if that helps a bit: http://www.jnsforum....parts/?p=145897

At the moment, I'm currently in the process of obtaining a few Tomytec Tōbu 6050, which IIRC have the same dimensions as the Tōbu 8000 chassis (the same kind of Tōbu Minden bogies on the rebuilt versions and TM-25 Tomytec power units). Despite the general dimensions being the same, the Tōbu Minden bogies in general have a greater axle distance than regular bogies (in model about 1.9mm, which is a lot), so I don't recommend it. However, if you can live with the 0.95mm axle distance difference per axle as a compromise for a motor below the windows, it's probably a good alternative. Then again, if you actually mean the Tōkyū 8000 (the same as the Izukyū 8000) and the Toei 6000. the dimensions should be fine, as these trains take the TM-08®, which comes very very close to the GM dimensions. ;)

• railsquid and Robert46 like this

The artist formerly known as 'Toni Babelony'

4192_5.gif  4192_0.gif4192_1.gif4192_2.gif4192_3.gif

Graphics by: Izu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kabuto Models on Shapeways for rare and important Japanese details for your layout!

#249 katoftw

katoftw
  • Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

I'm pretty sure it wont work unless you modify a little.  As the shell mounting is different.

#250 Robert46

Robert46

JR 300系 fan

• Members
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:32 AM

I have made a list of the dimensions of these new power units here if that helps a bit: http://www.jnsforum....parts/?p=145897

At the moment, I'm currently in the process of obtaining a few Tomytec Tōbu 6050, which IIRC have the same dimensions as the Tōbu 8000 chassis (the same kind of Tōbu Minden bogies on the rebuilt versions and TM-25 Tomytec power units). Despite the general dimensions being the same, the Tōbu Minden bogies in general have a greater axle distance than regular bogies (in model about 1.9mm, which is a lot), so I don't recommend it. However, if you can live with the 0.95mm axle distance difference per axle as a compromise for a motor below the windows, it's probably a good alternative. Then again, if you actually mean the Tōkyū 8000 (the same as the Izukyū 8000) and the Toei 6000. the dimensions should be fine, as these trains take the TM-08®, which comes very very close to the GM dimensions. ;)

Many thanks Toni.. I hope you can also share the pictures when it is fitted to the tomytec car

Yes, correct the Izukyu 8000 is the same as Tokyu 8000..  and the Tobu 8000 is the same as greenmax models. So I have a thought the dimension should fit.. I think all tomytec models I mentioned should use TM-08®. As mentioned by Katoftw, I am also curious how you make the tomytec body would click to the greenmax motor..

#251 HantuBlauLOL

HantuBlauLOL
  • Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

I'm pretty sure it wont work unless you modify a little.  As the shell mounting is different.

just cut out the bottom of window plastic. iv'e used kato kokuden chassis on kumaden 6000.

btw how well they perform against the cheaper tomix (not tomytec) chassis? also as far as i know coreless motor can't run on pulse based constant lighting controllers.

#252 kvp

kvp
  • Members
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:12 AM

There are many types of coreless motors. The most imporant feature is the maximal operating voltage. If a coreless motor is able to be run (constantly) on 12V DC (aka full speed), then a PWM drive will be ok. If the maximal voltage is less than 12V, like 3V, then they will be damaged by the relatively high voltage (12V) pulse. Afaik, most classic analog transformer safe coreless motors, that survive voltages up to 16V DC will run correctly with PWM based CL systems. So the question is, what is the maximal allowed DC voltage for the Greenmax motors?

#253 HantuBlauLOL

HantuBlauLOL
  • Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:03 AM

There are many types of coreless motors. The most imporant feature is the maximal operating voltage. If a coreless motor is able to be run (constantly) on 12V DC (aka full speed), then a PWM drive will be ok. If the maximal voltage is less than 12V, like 3V, then they will be damaged by the relatively high voltage (12V) pulse. Afaik, most classic analog transformer safe coreless motors, that survive voltages up to 16V DC will run correctly with PWM based CL systems. So the question is, what is the maximal allowed DC voltage for the Greenmax motors?

if they used 3v in series with a resistor, will it burns if supplied with 12v CL?

#254 kvp

kvp
  • Members
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

if they used 3v in series with a resistor, will it burns if supplied with 12v CL?

It may work, just get a bit warmer, but i would not risk it. Pure 12V or 16V coreless motors don't need resistors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users