99 cent deal of the day - part holders

cteno4

Ok its two for $1.99 so technically 99.5 cent deal... acrylic nail finger dishes.

these are little nail soaking dishes with lids that are meant to soak fingers in, but they make perfect little containers to hold small parts while working on things like engine teardowns or model assemblies. i collect the little condiment dishes and lids from take away food for this sort of thing and they work great and also have lots of little jars and the little cardboard boxes that small tomytec parts come in and use them just to hold stuff while working on things, but one problem is they are usually hard to dig small parts out of. they usually have flat bottoms and corners at the bottom that is hard to get small parts from and then require you to dump them all out in your hand to get something. also they are usually really light so its easy to bump them over and potentially spew small parts into dangerous places.

these little babies are nice and sturdy and hard to knock over (designed that way!) and have nice round bottoms so you can easily dig out a part from others with your fingertip w/o crushing it in the corner! nice little flap lid to seal it all up if you are putting things aside for a while as well. i had first thought these might be useful for painting, but not these were larger than i thought, but instantly was perfect for holding small parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-X-ACRYLIC-LIQUID-DOUBLE-DAPPEN-CASE-DISH-NAIL-ART-B01-/220660513275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33606439fb#ht_2310wt_1078

for a bit more you can just buy one dish or get them in other exciting colors like hot pink or blue, but i think the plain white shows up the parts best at the bottom of the dish. search ebay for acrylic nail dish

cheers

jeff

just gotta post i love these little suckers! i got half way thru trimming and mounting the number boards and front badge on his new euroliner the other night using these. was fantastic for these tiny pieces and then when i had to stop half way thru just popped the tops closed and everything safe!

cheers

jeff