Help with signs

Although I don't yet have a layout I do have some kits to make up, one of which was Greenmax No.34 a set of 6 houses.  Now the bit where my ignorance of the Japanese languages comes in  :confused2: There is a sheet of signs to attach to the buildings and I have no idea whatsoever what to do with them, please help.

This is the sheet

signs.jpg

qwertyaardvark

1 - These signs have the family surname on them, they go near the gate of their house, or if no gate, on the house near the front door. typically at eye level.

2 - These are license plates for cars

3 - I have no earthly idea... i've never seen/noticed these before, looks related to the license plates

4 - various advertisements, public safety, politcal, etc posters

far left column (top to bottom) - 2x parking prohibited, 2x garbage collection area, 1x parking lot ad

the rest are too small to read...

the three in the top right hand corner are interesting... dont look like ads, but too small to read to make sure.

5 - characters too small to read.

6 - road sign, but too small to read

7 - road sign, place near fire hydrants

if you could get a high resolution scan of the stickers, that would certainly help in figuring out the stickers i couldn't read, and if need be, what every sticker exactly says. :)

I'm also guessing that the Large ABCD-1234 signs on the left are for Greenmax set 44, for labeling different apartment complexes.

*DISCLAIMER: these are best guesses, so feel free to have them double checked :P

post-221-1356992681177_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

qwerty - that is brilliant, thank you, my camera has gone awol right now so if I ever find it again I will repost, many thanks

qwertyaardvark

@Lawrence: your very welcome ^_^ looking forward to seeing the original photos, as im curious what all the stickers say~

@KenS: wow.... never would have guessed~ learning something new every day on this forum :)

bikkuri bahn

Too add:

4. the three signs at the upper right are likely trash separation signs, stating which day is for which type of trash i.e. burnables, plastics, recyclables, etc.

5. likely address signs, placed usually on corners of buildings, to designate blocks in neighborhoods (e.g. Suehiro 1 jo 3 chome).  I some places in Japan, these signs are blue colored, or white.

6. this designates a designated area for fire fighting water supply (a number below may indicate water volume) , this may be any number of types, e.g. fire hydrants, a water cistern, pool, or other body of water.

• Like 1

More help required guys, these are from a greenmax kit, thanks in advance

signs2.jpg

Bottom row is upside-down.

Top row:

1. Open until 10 PM

2. (hard to make out)

3. (not sure)

4. Showroom Open House

Bottom Row

1. Smorgasbord

2. Free Lunch

3. Clearance Sale Day

4. (not sure)

5. Lunch Time (Probably referring to a restaurant's lunchtime combo menu.)

Yet again I find it necessary to through myself on the mercy of esteemed members and beg for assistance in the translation department (really wish I was smart enough to contribute something instead of just asking questions :sad: )

Anyway, this is from the Greenmax station kit No 27, the good news is I worked out where the clock goes  :cool: , again any help you can give would be appreciated, thank you

greenmax27.jpg

If folks are interested I'd be happy to start collecting these decal sets and put them up on the JRM website with the translations for a perminant archive/reference.

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff - I think you deserve a medal for such an offer, be warned however, I have many kits to make up  :grin

It would be a great resource for all of us too old or dense to get our heads round the language.  Would you like images emailed directly to you?

I can't do the translation, but would be happy to put them in a good presentation and create archive pages to house them for the future as posts tend to get buried after some time. We have one club member that can do some translation and we have talked about this some, but I'm sure it's one of a hundred tasks he has stacked up.

Would do some watermarking to make sure we are not presenting any that could be reprinted so I doubt The manufactures would mind

Jeff